Author Topic: HELP - Anyone know an expert smith/builder/restoration in GA?  (Read 963 times)

Offline BradBrownBess

HELP - Anyone know an expert smith/builder/restoration in GA?
« on: September 17, 2021, 06:32:18 AM »
Looking for a builder who could do an expert, sympathetic cracked stock repair on an original musket - original Pre Rev War Brown Bess - 1740 Pattern wood ram rod no nose cap.
The crack is small, no missing wood, under lock across stock bottom. Damaged in shipping. This is a rare gun, regimentally marked, and basically untouched and 100% original - not replaceable in other words. It has to be repaired - but I don't want to try to ship this again if at any way possible.

But ONLY the best and most knowledgeable gun builder/smith will do - NO WAY would I trust a basic gun smith.

Any experts within a 2 - 4 hour drive from Atlanta area?

Posting here and on Muzzle Loading Forum - if you see same.
God Bless!

Offline flinchrocket

Re: HELP - Anyone know an expert smith/builder/restoration in GA?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 01:10:48 PM »
Jim Parker Warrior,AL

Offline Robin Henderson

• AKA "Wobblyshot"
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 03:50:01 PM »
I second Jim.
Flintlock is the only truly reliable source of ignition in a muzzle loader.

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2021, 03:18:40 PM »
Jim is talented, accomplished and a good man. I would expect to pay him what an expert repair is worth.

Offline HIB

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 07:05:38 AM »
BradBrownBess,  I am also a Georgia collector of Rev War weapons.   I can add a third, fourth and fifth recommendation for Jim Parker, but you may want to expand your travel distance by several hours as there is another restorer just north of us in NC.   You may find Jim booked for several years [he is that good] ,however, you may not want to wait that long.   My contact has extensive knowledge of military arms and has done superb restoration for me in the past.  He is familiar with Rev War arms and my collection of Charleville's.

It is best you contact me via e-mail at:    latisabethan.dilemma@comcast.net       Should you want further info.  Regards,  HIB