Author Topic: bandsaw blade bearings  (Read 1377 times)

Offline elk killer

bandsaw blade bearings
« on: June 17, 2022, 03:01:32 PM »
need to replace the bearing blade guides for my old 14 inch craftsman bandsaw,
maybe im not looking in right place all i can find are the upper bearings on flea bay
never have bought anything off of there
has to be a better option,, even a bearing up grade kit would be nice
only flintlocks remain interesting..

Offline Bob Roller

Re: bandsaw blade bearings
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2022, 03:23:57 PM »
I bought these types of bearings at Motion Industries and Bearings Inc,here in my town and they probably have a website.
Bob Roller

Offline petejc

• Starting Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2022, 03:27:29 PM »
Probably Grainger would have them....
U.S. Navy 61 to 65, Pa. State Trooper 30 yrs, NRA Life member

Offline Sandy

• Starting Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2022, 03:33:23 PM »
Take a look at Carter Products bandsaw guide upgrade kits.

Offline Metalshaper

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 03:34:40 PM »
woodcraft supply might have options for you? Or you could possibly switch out to the 'cool block' style of guides.
might try Rockler as well???

Respect Always
Metalshaper/Jonathan

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2022, 05:26:43 PM »
I buy skate board bearings off eBay, same size,  cheap, not sealed but they will last a year or so before they get full of dust and need to be replaced. I can get ten of these for the same price as one sealed bearing.

Offline P.W.Berkuta

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2022, 08:14:45 PM »
Go here - <https://www.vxb.com/Default.asp> They have a WIDE selection of bearings and if you need help just ask them. They are great to deal with. ;)
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." - Chinese proverb

Offline davebozell

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2022, 01:57:03 AM »
Sears still has bearings for many of their machines.  I bought new lower bearings and a new shaft for a 30 year old machine from them.  Ereplacements.com also carries many spare parts for these machines.

Birddog6

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2022, 09:41:12 PM »
Get the bearing# , then get the bearing off eBay.  Or google the bearing & 100 dif places will come up
that has them. Most of them are Chinese made anyway. Motion Ind. will have that $ 4-5 bearing for
$12.  Whatever they have will be 4 times the price, but they Will most likely have it.

Had a kid come over here with a Honda Cr? something or other. Idler tension pulley was going out.
He said they want $250. for it & $ 375 to install it. They told him that they couldnt replace the bearing,
had to change the whole pulley & bracket.
I told him they can, but they won't.  They don't make money selling bearings & they don't WORK
on cars anymore. They are Parts Changers.  Sell the components & make more money.

We had it off in 15 min. Pressed the bearing out. Pressed the bushing out of the bearing. Got a 6203RS2
bearing off the shelf, pressed it in, pressed the bushing in, put the asm. back on the car. Done in 1 hr 15 min.
Bearing cost $4-5 bucks cause I buy 24 at a time. Common bearing & same one in the Idler tension pulley
on my F250 I changed 2-3 times in 300,000 miles. I prefer the rubber shielded ones  the shields holds the
grease in the bearing & helps keep the dust & grit out.

Offline Pukka Bundook

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2022, 02:54:21 PM »
Good post, D Keith.

Offline flehto

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2022, 03:28:18 PM »
Bought a Jet 14" bandsaw w/ those Mickey Mouse plastic blade guides so bought the ball bearing type and could then saw "on the line"......Fred