General discussion > Gun Building

Restore M/1843 Naval Muskett

<< < (4/9) > >>

yesterdayschild:
As usual, excellent work!!

Not English:
Runar, I like what you're doing. Could you please explain your reaming outfit?  It looks to me like it works from the breach to the muzzle with the weight providing downward pressure on the barrel. What is the purpose of the wooden pegs on the left side of the post?

Dsave

runastav:
Hi all and thank you!Not English, hehe the pegs is from it was handriven and laying horisontal like Bookies model ;)But I reawork it see this tread? https://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=65947.0
Runar

Not English:
Runar, thanks for pointing me to your previous thread. I did  not think much about it until I saw the photos in this thread. It really makes sense now.

runastav:
Hi all! and thank you Not English! Again I get my hands in one Norwegian Naval muskett m/1843 who needs a BIG rebuild! I bought it online auction. It ended way to expesive, but its rarely guns only made 1790 (1845-49) and many was reabuild to pilar rifles. Ok, when its arrived I was very disappointed the barrel was NOT original. @!*%?&, just before I return it but why not mount a new(Old barrel) and reabuild it for a shooter ;)
Runar

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version