Author Topic: My rifle(090106-1 ) is no longer an unknown maker!! confirmed  (Read 2255 times)

sixthsensegun

My rifle(090106-1 ) is no longer an unknown maker!! confirmed
« on: September 23, 2009, 06:35:24 PM »
It's a great day. My rifle pictured in unknown makers Brass furniture is no longer a mystery. The Log Cabin in Lodi Ohio has confirmed it. I sent them a link to the VM of the pics of my gun. The name stamped on the bottom of brass buttplate (J.B. Wurts) is the maker of this rifle. The e mail response I'm posting is the the actual responce from the Log Cabin Shop. Thanks for all your help, Emery
 Emery,
Very little is known about J. B Wurts, but the following is what we can tell you:

J. B. Wurts (sometimes referred to as Wertz) was a gunsmith from Chippewa Township, Wayne Co., Ohio. The 1860 census lists a John B Wurts as a 43 year old gunsmith in Doylestown, with $600 real estate and $400 personal estate. It adds that he located there from New York.
Ashmore was a commercial lock maker at the time and his locks were used on firearms of many, many gunmakers.

We have two Wurts rifles in our collection here at the Log Cabin.

. . .Continuing the Tradition,
LOG CABIN SHOP, INC.
Sherry
sherry@logcabinshop.com
-----Original Message---
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 06:42:31 PM by sixthsensegun »

Offline nord

Re: My rifle(090106-1 ) is no longer an unknown maker!! confirmed
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 06:43:24 PM »
Please E-Mail me with a copy of the letter if you'd be so kind. I'll then move the rifle into the category of known makers and add the documentation.

<parifles@earthlink.net> or <ordata@earthlink.net>

B
In Memory of Lt. Catherine Hauptman Miller 6/1/21 - 10/1/00 & Capt. Raymond A. Miller 12/26/13 - 5/15/03...  They served proudly.