Author Topic: Chambers PA Fowler Build  (Read 3384 times)

Offline Hatchet-Jack

Re: Chambers PA Fowler Build
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2021, 05:28:51 PM »
THANKS for the great Pictures...
NOW FEEL OBLIGED TO POST ON HOW YOU USED THE SCISSORS ON THE RAMROD

You're killin' me Smalls
Thanks capgunkid! I put a pair of sheet metal shears in my vise. Draw ramrod by pulling it towards me and finding where it bites onto the wood shaving off a nice curl, rotatet a bit and repeat. Measure with calipers as I go working across the ramrod and marking sections with a pencil as a guide. Making final adjustments by using the ramrod pipe as a guage.

Offline mountainman70

• USAF vet 1971-1972 malmstrom afb,montana
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2021, 10:40:11 PM »
Hullo pilgrim! Ye be the world famous Hatchet Jack, late of the Mountaineer Flintlocks?
If ye be the varmint, yall owe me a beer or 3.
Good to see you. Best regards, Crazy Dave  8) 8)

Offline Hatchet-Jack

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2021, 01:49:53 AM »
Hullo pilgrim! Ye be the world famous Hatchet Jack, late of the Mountaineer Flintlocks?
If ye be the varmint, yall owe me a beer or 3.
Good to see you. Best regards, Crazy Dave  8) 8)
Howdy Moutainman70! No I'm sorry I'm not the one you speak of but good to make your aquaintence all the same!

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2021, 03:43:44 AM »
It's an interesting handle for sure.  Up here in the GWN (Great White North), we have an acquaintance we call Hatchet Jack.  He is prone to quote chapter and verse from "The Mountain Man" and several other movies of that ilk.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline Hatchet-Jack

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2021, 02:39:11 PM »
It's an interesting handle for sure.  Up here in the GWN (Great White North), we have an acquaintance we call Hatchet Jack.  He is prone to quote chapter and verse from "The Mountain Man" and several other movies of that ilk.
The Mountain Men is one of my favorite movies. I've been know to quote some lines from it myself. My name is Jack and I borrowed the handle "Hatchet Jack" from Jeremiah Johnson. Say do you have Rendezvous up there in the GWN?

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2021, 06:39:17 PM »
We have an annual rendezvous called BC Rendezvous for ten days...last week of August over the September long weekend.  We usually have around 140 or so camps.  But for the past two seasons, it has been cancelled because of Covid and fire potential.  So we're starved for some good times.  As it happens, Ashcroft/Cache Creek is hosting a Thanksgiving Rendezvous, Oct. 8,9,10, and 11.  So it will be well attended.  Our local club hosts an annual rendezvous over the July (Canada Day) weekend...been going on since 1976.  We Canucks enjoy the social and competition part of these events too.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.