Author Topic: Special Brian Dancey pouch project (photos added)  (Read 1467 times)

Offline T.C.Albert

• Global Moderator
    • the hunting pouch
Special Brian Dancey pouch project (photos added)
« on: September 28, 2021, 07:33:22 AM »
"Our friend and fellow moderator Brian Dancey ordered a nice bag from TC Albert before he passed away. He wanted a bag with European origins but left the design up to TC. Though it was a work in progress, it was not a finished project.  Taylor Sapergia and Brian were close friends. A few years before Brian died, Taylor made him an outstanding Lehigh rifle. Brian was delighted with that gun, absolutely thrilled over the end result, but more than anything because it was made by his friend it was very special to Brian. Though it’s sad he did not get to hold it for long, it was treasured.

Knowing their special friendship, which many here find with folks of similar interests, nurtured by good times together in the field, on the range, and around the fire, the ALR moderators decided to sponsor the completion of the hunting pouch project and add a horn made by Tim Crosby and accoutrements, and give them to Taylor in remembrance of his good friend Brian Dancey, who was also our valued colleague.  Taylor has been a member of this forum for decades and he has been unstintingly generous sharing his knowledge and support for new and experienced makers alike.  We hope the gift helps Taylor remember good times with Brian but also those with his ALR friends."

TC

[/url
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 05:02:00 PM by T.C.Albert »
"...where would you look up another word for thesaurus..."
Contact at : huntingpouch@gmail.com

Offline T.C.Albert

• Global Moderator
    • the hunting pouch
Re: Special Brian Dancey pouch project (photos added)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2021, 05:06:28 PM »
Photos added.
TC
"...where would you look up another word for thesaurus..."
Contact at : huntingpouch@gmail.com

Offline Levy

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2021, 11:20:47 PM »
Beautiful work and what a nice thought.  James Levy
James Levy

Offline Cades Cove Fiddler

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2021, 03:13:06 AM »
 :) :)... A very thoughtful project and memorial,... nice bag,... I especially like the hame strap  knots used as buttons,... nice touch,.. !!! 

Offline Ron53

• Starting Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2021, 10:10:19 PM »
Excellent work, Tim!  That is a fantastic bag which, I know, will be cherished.
Ron

Offline Frank Barker

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2021, 07:57:27 PM »
Tim, this is another fine example of your talent and your generosity. I'm sure Taylor will be delighted with this beautiful bag and will always remember his friend Brian Dancey every time he looks at it. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Kind Regards
Frank Barker

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2021, 08:26:49 PM »
Again, I am humbled and grateful to TC, Tim, and the gang, for this special gift.  At first, I was going to make up the bag to suit my .25 cal squirrel rifle, but those components are so small, this adequate sized bag would dewarf everything.  So instead, I shall set up the kit for the rifle I created for Brian which I have re-acquired from his widow, Jeanette.  The rifle is a .50 cal Lehigh style honouring Herman Rupp, so it will be far better suited for this grand rifle.  The rifle itself is a peach to shoot, with extrememly low sights, just showing over the top flat of the barrel.  the bag and horn set compliments the rifle perfectly.  Once I've put the kit together, I'll post some images here.
My sincere and humble thanks again ... I am proud and grateful to be associated with such a fine group of people.  The words from "The Association's" hit from the 60's comes to mind, ie:  "Cherish is the word!"
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline Ron53

• Starting Member
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2021, 07:12:50 PM »
Amazing work, Tim!  That is one beautiful bag!
Ron

Offline Daryl

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2021, 09:48:57 PM »
Guys - what a wonderful 'gift'. Koodus to yous guys.  8)
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V