Author Topic: If anyone is interested near ALTOONA, I have a photo favor to ask  (Read 737 times)

Offline Dietle

• Pennsyltucky native
If anyone is interested near ALTOONA, I have a photo favor to ask
« on: September 29, 2021, 10:13:01 PM »
If anyone is near Altoona and is looking for something to do, I sure would like to get some photos of the Valentine Feltus Clouse double gun for my Somerset & Bedford County gunsmithing web project. The gun is supposed to be at the Baker Mansion history museum, which looks like a fun place to visit but its over three hours away from where I live.

Here's a link to the museum, which is open Friday to Sunday 11 am to 3 pm: https://www.blairhistory.org/baker-mansion.html

Here's a link to my gunsmithing web project, which has detailed biographies of Somerset and Bedford county gunsmiths, and photos of the guns they made: https://korns.org/gunsmiths/gunsmith-index.html

Lannie Dietle

Offline Eric Kettenburg

• Eric Kettenburg
Re: If anyone is interested near ALTOONA, I have a photo favor to ask
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 10:56:51 PM »
Absolutely FANTASTIC web project.  A tip o' the hat, good sir!
Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government!

Offline Dietle

• Pennsyltucky native
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2021, 11:05:07 PM »
Thanks Eric, the web project is helping to keep me entertained in retirement.

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2021, 11:30:57 PM »
Contact Mark Tyler.  He may have photos.  A few years back I went to an auction in Altoona because they had hand forged decorated forks and ladles made by Felty and I wanted them.
I think they went for over $2,000 as I recall.  Needless to say, somebody else got them and to make it worse I forgot my jacket at the auction house so between the
gas and jacket it was a loser day.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline Dietle

• Pennsyltucky native
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2021, 01:53:58 AM »
Thanks, Shreckmeister. Will do.