General discussion > Antique Accoutrements

Handsome whetstone box

(1/3) > >>

Shreckmeister:
I spent half a day at the Hazen Flea Market. This was the only interesting thing in the whole place. That doesn’t say much but I had to bring it home.

TN Longhunter:
I’d have brought it home too. Nice.

Robert Wolfe:
Yes, that needed to come home.

Shreckmeister:
So these soft and very smooth stones, were they used for honing

RAT:
Hazen.... dang.... that's not too far from where I used to live 30+ years ago. I set up at that flea market several times. For those that don't know, it's one of the biggest flea markets in the country. My biggest seller... used ice cream tubs. My parents used to eat a lot of ice cream and never threw away the 1 gal plastic tubs. We set up at the back entrance right next to one of the parking lots one year. People coming in would buy a tub to carry their purchases (the tubs had metal handles like a bucket). Word got around and soon everyone wanted to buy one. You never know what sells at a flea market. It's like sharks feeding... as soon as they smell something they come running.

Be careful though... I was walking around that show one year with a cop friend of mine (he was off duty). Somebody had a table full of antiques. He noticed they matched the descriptions from a robbery.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version