General discussion > Black Powder Shooting

Skychief load

<< < (2/7) > >>

flinchrocket:
I have heard about the Skychief load for several years, but I have yet to find what it is exactly written on this forum.

EC121:
There are answers all over Google. Just have to type it in.

flinchrocket:
I used the search function once and after reading dozens of threads just like this I came to the conclusion that the Skychief load was like “snipe hunting “.

Daryl:
About those snipe. Don't try to cook them in a microwave. I ended up with 19 little black walnuts that were originally 19 snipe breasts.
Shot them with a 10 bore - all 19, one shot. 2 ounces of #8 1/2's.

Brokennock:
I provided the o.p. a link to the best to topics on the subject on that other forum. I did not think it to be within the rules here to post links to other forums.

I will try to copy and paste the original written instructions here in another reply. I apologize, but, I just don't have it in me to recreate my pictorial demonstration of this loading method.
It does seem to baffle people for some reason, thus the pictorial essay on the other forum. But, really, this isn't that hard.

I do want to say this though. I have yet to read of someone trying this, to, the, letter that didn't have at least some pattern improvement. Every person who posted that they got no improvement or had pattern problems altered something in  the components and method.
I have noticed that just leaving the thin overshot card out from in between the shot and the Heavily lubed cushion wads that sits on top, changes the pattern and reduces this loads effectiveness.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version