Author Topic: Rendezvous  (Read 17590 times)

Daryl

Rendezvous
« on: July 02, 2008, 12:14:38 AM »
Well, we're finished the Rondy here in Prin e George on the 1st of July, which is "Canada Day" - Ya-hoo.  I'm usre everyone had a great time, I know I did.
; Noticed the price of gas went up today, while driving home from the range - $6.50.6 per Imp gallon($1.433 per litre. For those who use US gallons, that's X .8, which is $5.205 per US gallon.  Hefley Creek is starting to look like a long drive - especially for those with gas guzzlers pulling trailers, motor homes or coaches - al of which usually show up. I doubt if the price of gas keeps many away, though.
: Hoping Roger B. is still panning on coming.
; edit- oh yeah- for those who need scores, it was 15.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 12:15:16 AM by Daryl »

Leatherbelly

Re: Rendezvous
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 03:49:13 AM »
Daryls,
  Sorry I had to bail,came down with a headcold that would floor an elephant. Dizzy spells,the works! Had to leave work early yesterday,sit in a hot bath,off to bed.Yikes! I hate summer colds and being sick! Swetted most of it out but still left with the residuals,bugga!
 Enjoyed Saturday,was great fun.Sunday,too sick! Hope no one picked this cold up from me.
 How'd you shoot? Did you win the lead?(3 - seven pound ingots)

Harnic

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 05:37:43 AM »
Sounds like fun Daryl!  Wish I could afford the gas!  Heffley is still close enough for the gas budget, the round trip will cost about $45, not bad for 10 days of fun!  A buddy of mine has an older taker (truck) & we're thinking of hauling gas from Alberta... won't save any money but we'll avoid Gordo, the big a**hole's new "carbon tax" that went into effect today.  What a crock!

Roy, I hope you're feeling better soon!  Summer colds do suck, big time!

Daryl

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 05:28:20 PM »
NP LB. Fort shoot was a hoot.  I shot with Steve and Mel, so our team was called 3 Guys, 4 eyes.  We beat the Long HUNTERS by a single point. guess I shot a couple more Indians than they did.
; Guys, the Indians were brown eggs sitting on the top of cardboard barrel tubes.  Clipping or hitting the cardboard tube results in a 5 point penalty.  The Indians were spread out in fornt, from about 12feet to 45 yards or so. Tough targets in the bush and underbrush without the bright bead front sight.  Of course, there were dynamite sticks, and plenty of other worthwhile enemies to pick off.  I think we each fired just over 20 shots in the 20 minute time period given.  We stopped the clock by rescuing our General from the enemy's General with a 70 yard head shot. his 'head' (round plate) was a good 5" to 6" in diameter so it was an easy shot.

Candle Snuffer

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 12:31:38 AM »
I've read about those Fort Shoots, but have never been part of one.  It sure sounds like a lot of fun and something our group will keep in mind and have to do some day.  Saving the General was a new one I hadn't heard of, so when we set ours up we'll have to incorporate something of that nature. :)

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 04:35:43 AM »
Very interested to hear if the high fuel costs hurt your turnouts at rondys up 'there' :-\

Daryl

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 04:56:38 AM »
Don't think so, Roger. Most showed who normally show. Those locals who didn't drove to Northern Alberta for a week long rondy.