General discussion > Black Powder Shooting

*******In regards to topics or discussions on making Black Powder******

(1/3) > >>

Dennis Glazener:
I found out that I made an error regarding US Law on making black powder at home. I have revised what I posted yesterday BUT I still do not want discussions on the making of black powder on ALR.
Please do not start topics or discussions about making black powder. It is not against US law to make it at home but I am not sure about state and local laws. I understand many European countries have laws against make gun powder at home. We have numerous members in these countries and I do not want to assist, in any way, having someone break the law or injure themselves. Making it at home may be legal but the production of black powder has killed and thousands of people in history, making black powder is dangerous. What you do at home is your business but what appears here on ALR is my business. We are a public forum and I will not allow instructions for dangerous activities to be discussed here.

This is a serious concern for me and violations will be seriously dealt with up to losing your ALR membership.
Dennis Glazener
ALR Admin

Silent Walker:

I will respect you not wanting the making of black powder recipe within this group.

Bob McBride:
Dennis it is legal to make BP at home in the US but I agree with your stance.

Dennis Glazener:

--- Quote from: Bob McBride on October 08, 2021, 09:17:57 PM ---Dennis it is legal to make BP at home in the US but I agree with your stance.

--- End quote ---
Bob, I agree after looking up the US Laws, but I am not sure about state and local laws. I understand that many European countries have laws against it and we have a lot of international members here on ALR.

I still do not want this type of topic/discussion to take place on ALR. It's a dangerous activity, possibly illegal in some states/local areas and in many European countries.
Dennis

Craig Wilcox:
Legal or illegal, it is dangerous as heck.

Do you know about proper mixing?  Corning?  Making the correct fineness for your particular shooting iron?

The stuff we get comes from "professionals", who ARE using correct methods of mixing, corning, milling.  Yet every few years, we hear of a black powder manufacturer having fires or explosions.

Fortunately these days, using "modern" methods, these do not usually lead to loss of life.  Please do not risk YOUR life, or your home, or your family, in an attempt to manufacture "home-made" black powder.  Go play frisbee on the interstate or something instead.

Won't be long before other BP makers take up the slack generated by Hodgen.  Be patient.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version