General discussion > Black Powder Shooting

BP Hoarding

(1/15) > >>

Marcruger:
I was just musing about how some folks are screaming "HOARDING" lately.  I don't have a greyhound in this fight as I am not currently looking for or purchasing BP. 

If someone 2 years ago ordered 10 pounds of black powder, folks would have said, "Oh you're a smart shopper."

Today if someone buys 10 pounds of powder and tells folks, the scream is "hoarding!"

All about timing. 

I am not talking about (to me) unpleasant characters to clean out whatever stock they can find of a commodity they don't use, and then resell at a huge markup.  In my personal opinion, that is pretty predatory, capitalism factored in. 

I sort of compare it to the old joke, "What's the difference in archaeology and grave robbery?  Oh, about 100 years."  All about timing. 

Just thinking out loud.    Marc

AZshot:
I definitely went and bought the last can they had at my local store last week.  I have 1 and 1/2 cans currently at home.  Waiting for them to run out then "hoping" I can buy replacements was not a smart move, seeing what happened to all other reloading commodities the last year.   I shoot about a can a year....So I will keep about 2 cans at the ready. 

rich pierce:
Good time to get a peashooter for plinking and target work! 35 grains of powder getting 200 shots a pound sounds pretty good.

Frank:

--- Quote from: rich pierce on October 07, 2021, 08:39:48 PM ---Good time to get a peashooter for plinking and target work! 35 grains of powder getting 200 shots a pound sounds pretty good.

--- End quote ---

Yep, I was going to buy a Kibler 45 caliber SMR to go with my Kibler 40 caliber SMR. Think I will just make do with my 40. Also looks like the Kibler Trade gun may be out as well, unless some company picks up the slack. Sorry Jim.

Bassdog1:
My 32s shoot 15 grains of powder so over 450 shots per pound. They definitely help stretch out powder when its hard to get.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version