General discussion > Contemporary Longrifle Collecting

Louis smith rifle

(1/3) > >>

erstrauss62:
I was directed to this forum by the nice folks at the muzzle loading forum.  I have inherited a Lewis Smith  Rifle. I have posted in this  forum Because from what I understand this gentleman built rifles in recent times. I understand Your time is valuable. I am in need of some schooling About this rifle. I have been told there are different  Styles, Barrels, Locks, Schools of builders, Pennsylvania, Tennessee And on and on. By posting some pictures here I am hoping to get some detailed input on exactly what I have here. If you can help thank you in advance for taking your time.

Mike Brooks:
This gun is best called a "Johnson City" gun. Several men contemporary with Mr. Smith developed this "school" or style. Stoner Creek is a collector of Johnson City rifles, he'll probably be able to tell you much more about it.

erstrauss62:
Is he a member here?

heinz:
erstrauss, welcome to the forum!

The contemporary builders in Johnson City Tennessee were active in the mid to late 20th century and were an important school in the rebirth of the muzzleloading rifle movement.(Although it can be argued it never really died)

Stoner Creek is a member here. and expert on the Johnson City School, and I anticipate he will reply when he sees your post.

RAT:
If you look at the top of this page you'll see a menu item... "Members". Click on it and search for "S"... then look for "Stoner Creek". Click on his profile. This will let you send him a private message or email.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version