Author Topic: What to carry shot in  (Read 4012 times)

Offline Leatherbark

Re: What to carry shot in
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2022, 10:12:25 PM »
Below is a CVA shot flask from the early 90's.  it has served me well even though it says CVA on it.  You might find something like it on Ebay.  Or make your own...............Bob

Offline bigsmoke

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2022, 08:32:04 AM »
I wondered about the flimsy look of the Track snake. Tks for the heads-up.

Pure supposition here, but the current cost of the Irish and English style shot heads might be the problem with acquisition of them for the snakes and the leather flasks.
Like most all things from Track, they do not personally make much.  That shot snake is manufactured by October Country in North Idaho.  Actually, back in the day, I designed that product, guessing somewhere in the middle to late 1980's.  IIRC, although it does not have a gusset between the leather sides, there is a double row of stitching.  While I owned October Country up until 2005, I don't recall ever having a complaint regarding the seams coming loose.  We did use a rather thin piece of leather for the body of the snake, primarily so the leather would fit between the valve base and the bushing supplied with the valve.  It took some precision sewing to get the leather the right size.  I believe one of the ladies that worked there sewing is still employed there.  She was terrific.
John (Bigsmoke)

Offline wattlebuster

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2022, 08:40:10 PM »
Eric Van Alstine made this shot snake for me. I believe the spout was made by Sparks Mumma. Excuse me if I have the spelling wrong and excuse the photography.

Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning