Author Topic: The legacy of a contemporary gun maker  (Read 6975 times)

Offline thecapgunkid

• Matthew 25:40
Re: The legacy of a contemporary gun maker
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2021, 12:44:57 AM »
Our legacy has to survive the virtual and cyberspace world.  That's where everything is heading and the Pandemic helped it along.

My oldest grandaughter (11) comes through the doorway and says quickly..."hi Grandpa." and then goes heads down into thumb scraping her hand held.

My Oldest Grandson(10 and a half) comes through the door and says..."Hi Grandpa." and then goes heads down into thumb scraping his hand held.

My youngest grandson ( 9 ) comes through the door and says..." Hi Grandpa." and then talks into his headpiece..." Guys, don't shoot me I am going to run to the Oak Tree, pick up the potion and kill the dragon..."

My youngest granddaughter (6) comes through the door and says..." Actually, Grandpa, my parents have made the summary judgement that I am too young  for a hand held device so I was hoping you could come up with an alternative scenario with creative financing..."

Flintlocks and historical leather?  My shop? My tools?  yeah...right...

All I am hoping for is that one of them flies a USN/USAF Drone and does what I could not do when the North Vietnamese and CIA figured out that I was coming, ended the war and deprived me of flight school.

On the OTHER HAND, maybe somebody will come up with a Virtual Reality French and Indian War????

Offline Daryl

« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2021, 08:22:48 PM »
Years ago I did a lot of air brush painting on vehicles of all types, mostly van and motorcycles. All my art is long gone, rusted away or a few repainted while the guns I have built are still around and most are treasured. I guess in some way it's my search for immortality. My kids made a website for me to showcase some of my accomplishments, [google Wayne Doucette- Artisan] I suspect from a sense of pride in their Dad. I don't think I can ask for more.  Respectfully  Wayne.

That's some REALLY nice work, Wayne. Well done. Great job on the web site, too.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline heinz

« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2021, 03:16:25 AM »
It takes some effort but you can get their attention if you make it fun for them.  But you may need to haul them somewhere and show them how it works.

Forging at Woodbury

Shooting at the indoor range
faces smudged on purpose

shooting a flintlock (granddaughters)

kind regards, heinz

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2021, 04:36:19 PM »
That youngster with the Remington75 is a day brightener to this old man.
At age 15 I had a percussion version and shot a transient bum with it that
was trying to pull my mother out the front door.I intended to kill him but the
shot cut a deep gash on the left side of his face and damaged his ear.He was
found at a nearby ball field.He was one of numerous rail bums that hopped on
and off slow moving trains on the C&ORR.These bozo's were a threat and PITA
and would steal anything they could.Clothes off the clothes lines,you name it and
this moron apparently saw a pretty, small red haired woman he wanted.It didn;t
work out to well for him.

Bob Roller

Offline Daryl

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2021, 08:19:49 PM »
Well done, Bob. - Cheers!
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline mikeyfirelock

• Age ? Voted for Nixon
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2021, 05:08:45 AM »
Interesting……..I’ve built 25 or so maybe 30 rifles and a couple of flintlock pistols.  Never marked any of them…..all went to people I knew and who knew me, or of me.   Over the years I’ve made offers to buy several of them back, and no one will part with them.  Even the ones that have never been fired.  What I’ve heard from several is that they will never sell them, not even to me, and their grandchildren will end up with them.   I guess I should be flattered.   
( probably should have charged more for them)
Mikeyfirelock
Mike Mullins