General discussion > Contemporary Accoutrements

To my fellow Leather Bag makers

(1/3) > >>

G. Elsenbeck:
Have any of you tried out a vendor called "Pergamena"?  They're located in the Hudson Valley area in NY and offer veg tanned leathers and now some parchment.   Here's their link, https://www.pergamena.net/ that explains more than I. 
So far have received one veg tanned goat hide and just today two veg tanned deer hides.  Haven't had time to really work with either of them except used vinegaroon on small pieces of each and the color to black was instant so I can attest to them being veg tanned hides.   Has anyone else used them?  Yes, they do seem a bit pricey though.
Gary

James Rogers:
Gary
I have used quite a bit of calfskin from them. Very satisfied.
I think Eric Ewing now uses some leather from them as well and IIRC lives nearby.

G. Elsenbeck:
James, I assume you predominantly order them undyed?  Do they wet mold well?Gary

Frank Barker:
Gary.... What exactly did you buy ? I assume you got them undyed in the natural. What weight were the ones you purchased ?
Thank You
Frank Barker

G. Elsenbeck:
Frank, the goat hide was 3-4 oz, closer to 4 oz and the 2 deer hides 3-4 oz and all were undyed although they were not the same color as what we're used to seeing, but the small pieces I tried take a leather dye (or vinagaroon) just fine.  In addition, they were not real stiff either but small amount of stretch was present. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version