Author Topic: Rupp / Lehigh plans or dimensions  (Read 860 times)

Offline Woodland

Rupp / Lehigh plans or dimensions
« on: October 21, 2021, 03:21:04 AM »
Are there any really good plans for a Rupp or Lehigh rifle that are accurate?  TOW has some as well as MBS, but I am afraid they are more kit based and will not be terribly accurate.  I am planning to draw my own with the dimensions of my parts, but having never held or seen an original in person, some dimensions would be handy.  Especially in the wrist area.  I know they are wider in the wrist than tall, but I don’t know how much.  Any help is appreciated greatly! 

Jon

P.S.  having only built a handful of rifles, I am aware that this is a poor rifle to attempt.  I am completely at peace with the fact that I will get it wrong.  I am just trying to do as much of my due diligence as possible to mitigate my errors.

Offline ed lundquist

Re: Rupp / Lehigh plans or dimensions
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 03:37:12 AM »
Woodland, Eric von Aschwege sells the plan I started with. Look him up he has various plans with profiles of wrist etc.

Offline martin9

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 03:46:35 AM »
The last time I asked was 6-8 months ago and Eric didn't have any plans printed out. He did send me a file with his "Petite Lehigh" plan on it which I just blew up on the computer and traced. I'd message him if I were you as he may have plans now. Let us know if he does, he's got several sets of plans I'd like to buy.

Online elkhorne

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2021, 03:57:04 AM »
Woodland,
As others have said, Eric has an excellent Rupp plan and good Lehigh information on his website is even if the plan is not available. Also, you might contact Jack Brooks in Colorado as he use to sell a Rupp and Moll pattern he took from original rifles. Good luck.
elkhorne

Offline smylee grouch

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2021, 04:07:54 AM »
Hi Woodland, PM sent.