Author Topic: Oldest continuous chunk gun shoot in America ?  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Tim Hamblen

• Starting Member
Oldest continuous chunk gun shoot in America ?
« on: October 20, 2021, 01:52:23 AM »
Needing help from some of the older guys here. We have a chunk shoot here every October as part of a festival. Last Saturday was the 53 year. Every year, never cancelled . Do any of you know of a chunk shoot anywhere with that record ? Remember the key word is "Continuous " Thanks in advance. Tim

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
Re: Oldest continuous chunk gun shoot in America ?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 02:19:38 AM »
Not a chunk gun match - but a table match has been going on in Bloomsdale MO (interrupted by Covid) for at least 140 years, though some say since the end of the Civil War.
Andover, Vermont

Offline flinchrocket

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 10:23:48 PM »
Needing help from some of the older guys here. We have a chunk shoot here every October as part of a festival. Last Saturday was the 53 year. Every year, never cancelled . Do any of you know of a chunk shoot anywhere with that record ? Remember the key word is "Continuous " Thanks in advance. Tim
Here? Where?

Offline okieboy

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2021, 11:33:05 PM »
 I have shot at Bloomsdale and it was the most fun match that I have ever shot. If I remember right, some of the locals told me that it wasn't always shot from picnic tables, but became that way so everyone could shoot without getting up and down off of the ground. They also don't call it a "table shoot", they call it a "centers shoot". They also don't look at boards (the targets are boards that you cut your 6 Xs in with your knife) unless a bullet cuts the center of an X. Those people treated us like we were family.
Okieboy