Author Topic: Teslong Bore Scope....anyone have one ? Looking for reviews  (Read 1289 times)

Offline davec2

• The Lucky Bag
Teslong Bore Scope....anyone have one ? Looking for reviews
« on: October 23, 2021, 02:52:00 AM »
I have a very long flexible bore scope but am not all that satisfied with the resolution.  I saw one of these advertised and would like to solicit comments, good and bad, from anyone that has one.

Thanks

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TTQF24F/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=AFI3X2X3YFS02&psc=1
"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... a man in a jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company."
Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1780

Offline Nazgul

Re: Teslong Bore Scope....anyone have one ? Looking for reviews
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 04:29:04 AM »
Teslong Rifle Borescope with 4.5'' Screen, 0.2inch Gun Cleaning Camera Fits .20 Caliber & Larger Hunting Shooting Firearms, Gun Barrel Scope with Ring Lights, Right Angle Mirror & 36'' Camera Probe https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61L+YfLOEBL._SL1000_.jpg

Purchased this one. Iy has the monitor so you don't need an app for the computer. It works very well. I have used it extensively and am pleased with it.

Don
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 10:51:30 PM by Ky-Flinter »

Online EC121

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2021, 04:53:07 AM »
Dave:  I bought the Teslong NTG long flexible type after trying the cheaper ones.  It has great resoluton.  They didn't have a rigid one long enough for my 44" barrels. Here is a rifle before cleaning that I got from Rock Island.  It had been sitting for a while.  I use my pc screen.
Brice

Brice Stultz

Offline davec2

• The Lucky Bag
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2021, 06:33:17 AM »
Nazgul - can you save the images or is the separate screen just for viewing?

EC121 - That image appears to have great resolution.  I would be happy with that.  I am computer challenged....is the computer ap easy to use ?

Thank you both for the information.
"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... a man in a jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company."
Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1780

Online EC121

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2021, 06:37:57 AM »
Just plug it into the USB port and click on "Camera".  It will take pics and you can send them to your picture file.  You get a quick-start guide and hard case with it.  The cord is only about 6ft., but another USB cable will make it long as desired.
Brice Stultz

Offline Craig Wilcox

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2021, 10:22:55 AM »
I recently got one from Micro-Mark, about $130 or so.  Really nice, capable of storing images,  Nice color screen about 4.3", several adapter ends, such as a 45* mirror, nice LED lights.  You do need to supply a chip or whatever they call those little memory cards.  Size F.  Has rechargeable batteries.  Nice stiff cable that will hold it's shape.
Craig Wilcox
We are all elated when Dame Fortune smiles at us, but remember that she is always closely followed by her daughter, Miss Fortune.

Offline Nazgul

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2021, 01:18:18 PM »
Yes you can save the pics. It has a USB port. The quality of pics is as shown in the other post.

Don

Offline Fyrstyk

• "All I ask of living is to have no chains on me."
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2021, 03:09:52 PM »
I love my Teslong Camera.  I have the one with the flexible cable that is long enough to reach the breech of my guns with 44" barrels.  Mine also hooks up to my lap top.  don't know how I did without this before.  Barrels that i thought I had cleaned show where I missed or show minor corrosion.  Now I check the barrels after cleaned to be sure i got all the fouling out.   

Offline davec2

• The Lucky Bag
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2021, 07:07:41 PM »
Thanks so much to all for the information....I'm off to buy one now !
Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1780

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2021, 07:49:03 PM »
Good move, I just bought one with the longer wand, in a word, amazing.

Two pictures, a side shot of some TC rifling and a forward shot of some oily rust on a breech plug.

Offline Daryl

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2021, 09:19:27 PM »
I recently got one from Micro-Mark, about $130 or so.  Really nice, capable of storing images,  Nice color screen about 4.3", several adapter ends, such as a 45* mirror, nice LED lights.  You do need to supply a chip or whatever they call those little memory cards.  Size F.  Has rechargeable batteries.  Nice stiff cable that will hold it's shape.

I hadn't heard of a workable scope that inexpensive before Craig. Very interesting.

certainly a LOT cheaper than a $1,500.00 Hawkeye.

I've not heard of the Teslong bores scopes before. Thanks. Amazingly nice pictures.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline P.W.Berkuta

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2021, 09:24:44 PM »
I have just purchased one - model MS450-NTC. It has the 4.5" viewing screen.

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." - Chinese proverb

Offline Scota4570

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2021, 06:58:09 PM »
Two pictures, a side shot of some TC rifling and a forward shot of some oily rust on a breech plug.

I got the $50 one.  I use it one my PC.  It works pretty well.  Certainly good enough. The super expensive professional stuff is not enough better to justify it for home use, to me.  I used the super expensive ones in my working life. 

The TC picture above is interesting.  The bore was left with nasty reamer marks, or just left as drilled.   IT was then button rifled.  You can trace the reamer marks from land to groove.  If they had taken any care with a finish reaming step the button would have left a much smoother finish.  I bet it accumulates fouling fast. 

Offline Daryl

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2021, 08:36:57 PM »
Yeah- that is interesting and of course, good observation on the reaming marks running from land to groove. I recall looking through my .50 TC barrel back in the 70's and it was wonky
with tight/loose spots that could be felt while cleaning it with tight patches.
A deep-groove buttoned .36 barrel I bought from Hall Sharron in Kalispel in 1975 was even worse, for tight/loose- brrrrrrrrrrrrdt as the tight ball and patch went down. Both these bores
were like mirrors, but with the tight/loose spots caused by the way the bore metal moved as the button pulled, then stopped, pulled than stopped. It was hard on the eyes to look down
the bores against a 60 watt bulb due to the multiple light reflection points.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V