General discussion > Contemporary Longrifle Collecting

real or not

(1/5) > >>

Eric Krewson:
A guy contacted me about a rifle he was trying to sell for a widow whose late husband had collected a number of various guns new and old. The gun is signed WM Buchele, he said the man bought it from Track.

I don't know anything about WM Buchele rifles except that I looked one over very closely at the Ala. Kentucky Longrifle show.

This doesn't look right to me, what say you guys. This is marked as a bicentennial rifle 1776/1976.

Signature

The real deal;

Daryl:
Looks to me like a 1970's poorly made 'replica' of a ML.

Top Jaw:
Not much about it resembles Buchele’s work. Unless he made it at the very end of his life when he was old and his skills had almost gone (he did die in 1977).  And all of his guns that I’ve seen had much lighter stain than this one does. Like the one you have pictured below.  I’d say it’s a poorly done imitation of a Buchele.  But a few more pics would be nice.  Or perhaps it was a gun he had started, and someone else completed it

Bob Roller:
Raise carved rifles were the joy in Mr Buchele"s life and I have talked ro him at gun shows at
various times. His name is pronounced "BUCKLY* and  NOT Buschelle.I recall making a flintlock
for him and he said he wanted it because he could see that I put a lot of effort into it.I don't know if
it ever was used in a rifle or not.
Bob Roller

Eric Krewson:
lets see if this works;

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPv4_UnBrmN5d_7_WaHDDAHOVGSOryVlPIBOYNdwTCYEAm9IWOCyO-AGnhVzgz3FA?key=cWoxRk9DY1l1d0k0c29jNUFMZUtkZE1IbXNaMG1R

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version