Author Topic: H.E. Resley Rifles  (Read 1293 times)

Offline Gary

• Starting Member
H.E. Resley Rifles
« on: November 10, 2021, 07:15:39 AM »
I picked up these rifles at an estate sale. One is a bench style gun in .54cal weighs 19.7# with a Tower lock and Redfield sights.  It is marked H.E. RESLEY.  The second gun is a .50cal single wedge pin with a patch box and inlays. It is marked A.H RUDOLPH No. 134 Bryant, Texas 1868 on top of flat. Then on side is marked H.E. RESLEY A.R.B.  It’s lock has no markings. It weighs in at 12.75#.  The third is a huge Hawken style rifle .62cal  It is marked Bridger’s Pet  24  and H.E. RESLEY.  It has a Long’s Lock out of Denver and Weighs in at 14.78#.  They all three needed a little TLC but cleaned up good.  Bores all look good. I just thought some of you might enjoy seeing them.  “Judge” Resley was from Ft. Stockton and I grew up about 45 miles from there.  I was very excited when I saw them and knew I had to have them.

Offline Daryl

Re: H.E. Resley Rifles
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 09:54:07 PM »
Nice wood on that first one and the Hawken looks pretty good too.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2021, 02:10:42 AM »
Looks like he was a big fan of Maple Magic stain, aka CrO3.
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline mikeyfirelock

• Age ? Voted for Nixon
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2021, 04:48:52 AM »
I noticed the chromium stain right away also.   I built a few guns in the 70’s and 80’s using it.     They all turned green.   I quit using it ( and the Schoyen browning solution I whipped up in the pharmacy one slow day) due to safety concerns after we had small children.    I don’t recommend it if anyone reads about “what we used in the “old” days.
Mike Mullins