General discussion > Gun Building

How hard is it to assemble lock kit

(1/6) > >>

ShutEyeHunter:
I need a small Chambers small Siler lock and MBS has them on backorder. I like to buy stuff from MBS, and they have the Chambers kit
How hard are these to assemble and get working. I have a Jet drill press, oxy torch, ancient Unimat that I need to figure out how to set up as a drill press
I’ve always left 1911 trigger work to a ‘smith so I don’t have any experience with sear engagement
PS, I searched and got a gazillion results for building rifles from a kit. Appreciate links to relevant threads

jmf:
If you can get a copy of “Gunsmith Tips and Projects by Wolfe it had a reprinted article that covers whats involved from A to Z. Good Luck

flinchrocket:
They come with instructions, not to difficult. I had to buy several drill bits. Actually kinda fun.

ShutEyeHunter:
Thanks, always looking for something fun. What parts need to be heat treated on kits?  The one I’m thinking of is Chambers. They say the springs are ready to go. Wondering about the frizzen and tumbler

ShutEyeHunter:

--- Quote from: jmf on November 27, 2021, 04:05:35 AM ---If you can get a copy of “Gunsmith Tips and Projects by Wolfe it had a reprinted article that covers whats involved from A to Z. Good Luck

--- End quote ---
I ordered a copy. Only downside is it covers a lot of different projects. Prolly get sidetracked on one of my other guns;-)
Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version