General discussion > Black Powder Shooting

False muzzle rifle

<< < (3/4) > >>

lexington1:
Thank you so much. This is a a lot of great information and I really appreciate it. I will send the barrel off to have rebored today. I am having the scope built for it too. I probably will have to make a base mount for the rear of the scope.

I have been shooting round balls since the mid 70's, but this venture into slug shooting is completely foreign to me. It sounds like fun!

Now to find a mold or two and a sizer and start making slugs. I also need to read Ned Roberts book again.

snapper:
Before you start buying molds and sizers that you might not ever use, you might want to try some various size bullets in it to see what fits.

I dont know what these rifles shot, are they shooting 500 + grain bullets?   Or shorter lighter bullets?   

I would be happy to send you some various sized bullets and you can at least see what might or might not fit in it if you like.

Fleener

lexington1:
Thanks Snapper. Let me see what I can dig up here first. I used to shoot Sharps cartridge rifles, so I probably have some misc. bullets and molds. I certainly appreciate the offer and I might take you up on it when I get to sorting this out.

snapper:
Not a problem, happy to help.

Fleener

Hungry Horse:
 Be aware, some guns marked Billinghurst are manufacture in California and were gain twist guns. They were not built by Billinghurst but rather under license.

Hungry Horse

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version