Author Topic: 2 old coots  (Read 3389 times)

Offline Nessmuck

Re: 2 old coots
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2021, 03:16:10 AM »
Daryl

Had to go look up that Scotch.   Dont think I have ever had it.    The good thing is the online store is out of the 52 year old stuff at 30K.   It would have to be a heck of a friend to share a shot of that.

Fleener

The only type of whisky (or any spirit) I've ever poured down the sink is Scotch. Maybe I'm just spoiled by growing up with whisky in its highest form....Kentucky Bourbon.

What’s your take on this Burbon ? Never had it ..but chased down a couple bottles, not easy to come by.

Offline Daryl

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2021, 03:34:03 AM »
Can't say I have ever had Bourbon. I've seen it in the liquor store.
I even bought my brother a bottle of it, once - decent price, too, not cheap. He had a bad experience with it
and whenever anyone mentions Bourbon in his company, he makes the sign of the cross against them. ;D
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline Stoner creek

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2021, 03:39:07 AM »
Daryl

Had to go look up that Scotch.   Dont think I have ever had it.    The good thing is the online store is out of the 52 year old stuff at 30K.   It would have to be a heck of a friend to share a shot of that.

Fleener

The only type of whisky (or any spirit) I've ever poured down the sink is Scotch. Maybe I'm just spoiled by growing up with whisky in its highest form....Kentucky Bourbon.

What’s your take on this Burbon ? Never had it ..but chased down a couple bottles, not easy to come by.

That’s the good stuff….. It’s almost impossible to find here in Bluegrass country. Don’t ruin it by mixing it with a soft drink.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 04:02:37 AM by Stoner creek »
Stop Marxism in America

Offline Austin

• Austin Paul
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2021, 04:41:52 AM »
Eagle rare is Buffalo Trace with a couple more years aging….. another 10 years and it would be Pappy. That distillery has a very good mash recipe. I like it mixed with crushed ice! The distillery is 25? Miles from stoner creek and we can’t hardly keep it on hand. Huge demand overseas. Have to go up into indiana or Ohio, places they have to lock up crown royal 🤮 to get it.
Eat Beef

Offline Nessmuck

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2021, 06:20:16 AM »

Nice price too….New Hampshire has cheap booze and cigarettes

Offline Clark Badgett

• Oklahoma
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2021, 08:19:42 PM »
That Eagle Rare is some good stuff. Sometimes it can be had at the larger liquor stores in Louisville. Like mentioned above, never waste a quality bourbon by mixing it. Leave that to the mid tier stuff.
Psalms 144

Offline MuskratMike

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2021, 10:52:14 PM »
it amazes me the Bourbon made in Kentucky is often hard to find there. Out here on the "Left Coast" Eagle Rare and Elijah are often found. Maybe it's no out here knows them and what they are missing.
"Muskrat" Mike McGuire
Keep your eyes on the skyline, your flint sharp and powder dry.

Offline Daniel Coats

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2021, 11:05:21 PM »
Top shelf bourbon and ice or not makes for a pleasant ending to a long day. Sipping just enough to wet the tongue is the secret.
Dan

"Ain't no nipples on a man's rifle"

Offline MuskratMike

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2021, 03:08:15 AM »
Ice? When I drink whiskey I drink whiskey, when I drink water I drink water. Not everyone will agree and each to their own. A short glass and some brown liquid makes for a happy and satisfied "Muskrat".
"Muskrat" Mike McGuire
Keep your eyes on the skyline, your flint sharp and powder dry.

Offline Austin

• Austin Paul
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2021, 09:49:31 PM »
Put it in the freezer, that will make the old Muskrat walk on water….
Eat Beef

Walshman98

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2021, 03:17:29 AM »
Awesome photo!!!

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2021, 07:48:47 PM »
Can't say I have ever had Bourbon. I've seen it in the liquor store.
I even bought my brother a bottle of it, once - decent price, too, not cheap. He had a bad experience with it
and whenever anyone mentions Bourbon in his company, he makes the sign of the cross against them. ;D
My old departed friend George Bowen,when offered a newly opened bottle of Seagrams 7 told the man offering it that
he had to go get his dog.When asked "Why",George said "I'have to kiss its xxx to get rid of the taste" ;D.
Bob Roller
« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 08:16:10 PM by Bob Roller »

Offline mountainman70

• USAF vet 1971-1972 malmstrom afb,montana
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2021, 05:07:15 AM »
Hahahaha. Bob Roller Naughty for sho !!! Bless you my friend. Dave
 Just bought a jug of Elijah. Indeed sum goos stuffs !!! Wife got a nice bzzzzzzzzzzzz on it. Me too. Dave  8) 8)