Author Topic: Dru Hedgecock Q  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Top Jaw

Dru Hedgecock Q
« on: December 14, 2021, 08:35:50 PM »
I’ve been seeing some Dru Hedgecock parts for sale recently in the classified section. Used to talk with Dru at Friendship and later at the CLA show. Anybody have any info on him. Lost track of him sometime back and haven’t seen him in several years.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 01:48:51 AM by Top Jaw »

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
Re: Drew Hedgecock Q
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 09:23:05 PM »
Dead I believe. :-\
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 09:58:22 PM »
Yeah, I think he passed away last year.  I remember seeing the obit in MuzzleBlasts and was surprised no one commented on it.  He made some fine chisel sets, 4 each sizes of straight and bent neck ones.
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline JHeath

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2021, 12:07:01 AM »
Did he spell his name "Dru"? I think that's the spelling on my single-lever triggers.

Sorry to hear of his passing. He seems to have done admirable work.

Offline Top Jaw

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2021, 01:47:35 AM »
Yeah.  He was getting up in age.  Figured he may no longer be with us.  Sorry to hear.  Have some of his bent neck chisels, that have come in handy several times. 

Offline moodyholler

Re: Dru Hedgecock Q
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2022, 08:58:34 PM »
I have his Bridgeportmill for sale. He has passed.

Offline Cory Joe Stewart

• My etsy shop
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2022, 08:06:57 PM »
Hello,

Yes I worked with a relative of his and he did pass last year or the year before.

Cory Joe

Offline oldgunguy

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2022, 07:48:05 PM »
Sorry to hear that Dru has passed, we our getting old, it happens.  Dru was the man that taught me how to make lost wax molds, he shot waxes for me in the beginning and got me into his foundry ...he sold wax machines, I think he made most of the sights on all the rifles we used. My wife and I also went out to dinner with him to eat frogs legs, he loved them, It was my first time at Friendship. Thanks for your help and knowledge my friend. Bernie pioneerarms