Author Topic: Kibler DST trigger problem  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Apple

• Starting Member
Kibler DST trigger problem
« on: December 24, 2021, 03:34:12 AM »
I have had my Kibler SMR for over a year and have put several hundred rounds through it. It has always functioned beautifully. I mostly target shoot so I have always had the trigger set pretty light but at what I thought was a reasonable pull weight. At my last trip to the range the trigger got really light. Barely touching the trigger would set it off. Adjusting the screw all the way out had no effect.  The trigger functions the same way whether in the stock or out and with the lock installed or out. I don't know what made it change suddenly or how to fix it. I will also contact Jim about this issue but assuming (and hoping) they are taking some time off for the holidays I thought I would present my problem to the ALR brain trust. 

Offline bob in the woods

Re: Kibler DST trigger problem
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2021, 04:18:26 AM »
Are you certain it's the trigger ?   Perhaps the wood [ humidity ] is interfering with the sear on the lock ?  I have seen this where a lock just barely engages the full cock notch....touch the trigger and bam!

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2021, 04:47:24 AM »
With the triggers out of the stock, see how much engagement you have between the bearing surfaces of the front and rear triggers. Then push forward on the front trigger and see if the amount of engagement increases. Might need to boost the tension on the spring that returns the front trigger.
Andover, Vermont

Offline Ross Dillion

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2021, 05:26:33 AM »
Sounds like maybe your trigger return spring is broken or worn out.  Is the return spring a wire type spring? 

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2021, 07:27:58 AM »
Please send the trigger back so we can inspect it and make any adjustments necessary.  It’s hard to say what the issue might be, but we would be happy to make it right.

Thanks
Jim

Offline JPK

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2021, 08:29:17 AM »
How many companies are up and trying to help their customers this late and this close to a holiday? My hat is off to you sir!
A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

Offline Apple

• Starting Member
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2021, 08:08:20 PM »
Thank you Jim. Superb customer service as usual.