Author Topic: 18TH CENTURY ARTISON SHOW 2022 WHO ELSE IS GOING  (Read 1836 times)

Offline recurve

18TH CENTURY ARTISON SHOW 2022 WHO ELSE IS GOING
« on: December 26, 2021, 09:15:22 PM »
18TH CENTURY ARTISON SHOW , 2022
FEB 4&5
At the The Country Cupboard Inn
7701 West Branch Highway
Lewisburg, PA 17837
Two miles north of Lewisburg, PA on U.S. Route 15 North
Five miles south of I-80 - Lewisburg Exit 210A
Friday: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Admission: $5.00
« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 09:18:24 PM by recurve »

Online Frank

Re: 18TH CENTURY ARTISON SHOW 2022 WHO ELSE IS GOING
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2021, 10:23:12 PM »
🙋

Online Stoner creek

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2021, 11:16:59 PM »
Me! Little old me!!!
I’ve wanted to make this show for a long time and this time I will be there by golly!!!
Stop Marxism in America

Offline ed lundquist

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2021, 01:08:50 AM »
Looking forward to this, weather permitting.

Offline Karl Kunkel

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2021, 04:00:08 AM »
Be there Friday when it opens.
Kunk

Offline Berksrifle

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2021, 04:01:05 AM »
Will be there, weather permitting.

Ken

Offline Osprey

• Roaming Delmarva...
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2021, 02:59:57 PM »
I always plan on attending, but that's a decision for the couple days before when I see what weather and covid shutdowns bring.  Been a few nasty, snowy drives over the years.   :o   And I have jury duty for February this year, too.  Ugh.
"Any gun built is incomplete until it takes game!"

Offline Keith Zimmerman

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2021, 09:48:54 PM »
Wont miss it.  Looking forward to it.  Ill be there Friday morning.

Offline BarryE

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2021, 05:04:04 AM »
I always go Friday.  Except this year.  It’s my better half’s birthday.  So, God willing and the river don’t rise, it’ll be Saturday in 2022!

Offline Brokennock

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2021, 12:22:13 PM »
Question for those who have attended before.
About how long does it take to walk through and look at everything? Roughly, if one isn't buying anything, just looking?

It is over a 4 hour drive for me and I can't afford to spend the night. Would pretty much be an educational trip. Drive, look, maybe chat a bit, and drive home.

Offline J Henry

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2021, 01:00:56 PM »
    sleep in what you drove there in

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2021, 02:04:18 PM »
About how long does it take to walk through and look at everything? Roughly, if one isn't buying anything, just looking?

It is over a 4 hour drive for me and I can't afford to spend the night. Would pretty much be an educational trip. Drive, look, maybe chat a bit, and drive home.

I went several years ago, enjoyed the show, I also was on a tight schedule but still spent about 3 hrs there. The show may be larger now. It was pretty crowded the day I went but no problem seeing everything.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Keith Zimmerman

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2021, 06:57:34 PM »
U could spend half a day there easily if u take ur time looking at most of the stuff.  And longer if u eat breakfast and lunch in the restaurant on site.  Its worth a 4 hr drive.  I actually got married in Lewisburg in 1990.  My wifes family is nearby.  But its a 2 hr drive for me.  I live between Carlisle and Gettysburg.

Offline tddeangelo

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2021, 06:23:24 PM »
I normally go on Friday. I plan to, although my household is welcoming a new pup the weekend prior, so not sure if the Mrs will be as accommodating this year of my absence!

I may have to adjust plans and go Saturday so the kids are home from school to help with the pup. I haven't figured that out quite yet.

As to the show itself, the speed with which you get through it all depends a lot on you. You can physically walk it all, even navigating the crowds, in probably an hour.

If you actually check things out and talk to the artisans, most of whom are there specifically to talk about their work, you can spend your day there in the blink of an eye. And your life savings. :)

Offline Brokennock

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2021, 03:06:55 AM »
Thanks for the input gentlemen.
May have to put it off until next year,,,,,, again.
Just don't want it to wind up like Dixon's where I want to go and can't, but tell myself, "next year," until there is no next year.
No worries about spending my life's savings,,, I don't have any, lol.

Online Frank

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2022, 08:18:22 PM »
Good show. I hope Jim Kibler and Jim Chamber’s can make it this year.

Offline tddeangelo

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2022, 09:16:39 PM »
Thanks for the input gentlemen.
May have to put it off until next year,,,,,, again.
Just don't want it to wind up like Dixon's where I want to go and can't, but tell myself, "next year," until there is no next year.
No worries about spending my life's savings,,, I don't have any, lol.

While the venue has changed, the Gunmaker's Fair that used to be held at Dixon's store will continue, starting this summer, just a few miles from Dixon's store. It won't be the same as it was at the shop, but this could be a great thing for the fair. The Kempton Fairgrounds, where it will be held, has a LOT more room and will likely allow for growth and expansion of the event that couldn't have occurred at the shop where space was limited.

I can honestly say I don't know how the Dixon family kept up the pace they did with the Gunmaker's Fair in the summer, PA's flintlock season right after Christmas, then Lewisburg in February, and then back around the horn to the Gunmaker's Fair again. For those not in the area, the PA flintlock season in Dixon's shop makes Black Friday in retail stores look like nothin'. The place is packed with folks who didn't shoot their flintlock since they don't know when and need help. Or need a flintlock because they decided to try it this year. Or didn't stock up on supplies and need stuff in order to hunt. It's pretty nuts. I do everything in my power to not be in that shop after mid-December, and I wait till they come back from their January break before I go out there again.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 09:20:52 PM by tddeangelo »

Offline Osprey

• Roaming Delmarva...
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2022, 10:42:54 PM »

[/quote

It's a 4-5 hour trip each way for us and we always do it in one day, with plenty of time to see everything and spend our money.  More fun if you have a couple guys to share the trip and drive though...
"Any gun built is incomplete until it takes game!"