Author Topic: Buck Ridge Flint lock  (Read 1252 times)

Offline Reegee/Flint

Buck Ridge Flint lock
« on: January 01, 2022, 08:01:59 PM »
Has anyone had any experience with Buck Ridge Flintlocks, quality, function etc?
Thinking of trying one.

Offline martin9

Re: Buck Ridge Flint lock
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 08:35:59 PM »
Been planning to try one of those myself....and a set of the southern triggers. There are quite a few threads and a few guns built with that lock you can find on here. Just look up "Rice Nock Lock"

Offline sdilts

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2022, 08:13:30 PM »
I've built several guns using this lock, including my own personal rifle. This is a high quality lock. These spark great and function flawlessly. My next scheduled build will use the pointed tail version. And another plus is that should you have a problem, Liston Rice will definitely stand behind his products.

Offline MuskratMike

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2022, 11:55:24 PM »
I got a rifle with what I believed to be a prototype of their lock. I had an issue with it so I contacted Liston. He asked that I mail the lock back to him. It turned out not to be a prototype of his lock but he had the same lock on one of his personal guns. He took that lock off and repaired my lock with it. He mailed it back at no charge and even returned my original postage. If that ain't customer service I don't know what is.
"Muskrat" Mike McGuire
Keep your eyes on the skyline, your flint sharp and powder dry.