Author Topic: January Postal Match  (Read 5900 times)

Offline snrub47

Re: January Postal Match
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2022, 03:35:43 AM »
Finally a day to go shoot. Almost to late for this month.

online safety images

Offline bob in the woods

« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2022, 05:58:07 AM »

online safety images
Wow.  Sorry SNRUB47..it was very naughty of me to presume that I would be the last one managing to get a target posted.  And, certainly not my place to call a winner !   I was just reacting to what was said in the previous post re Daryl's score.  Great shooting on your part  :)

Offline alacran

« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2022, 04:43:05 PM »
A last-minute entry by snrub47, wins the January match, by what best as I can tell is .08 inches. I got calipers out, reading glasses, knife, a clean target, and Daryl's measurement of .278 outside the line, to come up for this determination.
Great shooting everyone!
Snrub is up to you to come up with a match for February.
Great shooting Daryl! By the way Javelina is very good. I like to cook the backstraps in bacon grease, and the rest I make into green chili con carne.
But the best part in my opinion is the liver. It is the most delicate liver I have ever tasted. It is our custom to have the liver and tenderloin cooked with onions for breakfast at camp, the morning after the kill.
A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.  Frederick Douglass

Offline Nessmuck

« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2022, 05:04:39 PM »
Some nice Shootn !

Offline Daryl

« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2022, 09:12:41 PM »
A last-minute entry by snrub47, wins the January match, by what best as I can tell is .08 inches. I got calipers out, reading glasses, knife, a clean target, and Daryl's measurement of .278 outside the line, to come up for this determination.
Great shooting everyone!
Snrub is up to you to come up with a match for February.
Great shooting Daryl! By the way Javelina is very good. I like to cook the backstraps in bacon grease, and the rest I make into green chili con carne.
But the best part in my opinion is the liver. It is the most delicate liver I have ever tasted. It is our custom to have the liver and tenderloin cooked with onions for breakfast at camp, the morning after the kill.

Well done, Snrub. Tight contest! congratulations. Had it been me, I was thinking of a repeat of this month's contest, just a suggestion if you haven't or can't decide on Fed. match.
I kinda thought small pig might be good eating, alacran.  Made my mouth water just reading your post. We usually have the heart for lunch, the next day with ungulates, sliced thinly and fried in bacon grease.  Moose and elk are bit tough, but very tasty.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline snrub47

« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2022, 10:59:54 PM »
Daryl, that's a good idea....we all get another 'shoot' at the January target. Thanks for the suggestion.......

Online Dphariss

• Kill a Commie for your Mommy
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2022, 12:29:54 AM »

online safety images
Nice shooting.
He who dares not offend cannot be honest. Thomas Paine

Offline MuskratMike

« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2022, 12:56:21 AM »
Congratulations SNRUB47! That is some darn fine shooting. Says the rifle is a 36 caliber and you are using .360 round ball? How thin of a patch are you using to be able to get them down the tube?
"Muskrat" Mike McGuire
Keep your eyes on the skyline, your flint sharp and powder dry.

Offline Daryl

« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2022, 01:51:29 AM »
Mike, I also used a .360 ball on one of my
36 targets at 50 yards bench last fall. I liked the way they shot and loaded. I used the same .021" Denim patch as with the .350" ball. They loaded easily with the rifle's 5/16" hickory rod.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 01:59:20 AM by Daryl »
Daryl

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2022, 01:02:57 AM »
One of the great benefits of these postal matches, and particularly the commentary that follows, is the tremendous opportunity for us all to learn from each other, what works and what does not.  My observations, particularly with this last submission of excellent results, is the tight combination that the shooters use to get these results.  No thumb starting or the need to wipe between shots here.  When one wants to extract the best accuracy out of his equipment, it's wise to learn from these champion targets and contributors.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline Daryl

« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2022, 01:34:08 AM »
Snrub47 - I just noticed the 55gr. 2F charge. Well, I used 2f in the .40 and .45, just to work up loads for it in case I couldn't get 3F. Now, I'm going to have to
test 2F in the .36 as well.  Tks. Obvously, it works.
Have you chronographed this load?
Daryl

Offline Daryl

« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2022, 01:35:35 AM »

online safety images

Snrub47 - I just noticed the 55gr. 2F charge. Well, I used 2f in the .40 and .45, just to work up loads for it in case I couldn't get 3F. Now, I'm going to have to
Daryl

Offline Nessmuck

« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2022, 03:05:53 AM »

online safety images

I might have missed it….was it a cap lock or Flintah ?