Author Topic: A couple of Tennessee rifles (more added 4-7-22)  (Read 1683 times)

Offline Clark Badgett

• Oklahoma
A couple of Tennessee rifles (more added 4-7-22)
« on: April 10, 2021, 01:25:50 AM »
Just returned from a family visit/ job interview in Tulsa, OK. Stopped by the JM Davis museum in Claremore while I was there. Took some pictures of a couple of interesting rifles. Sorry but the full length panoramic shots didn’t turn out very good at all, but I did get some decent shots of the butts and lock areas.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 05:50:10 AM by Clark Badgett »
Psalms 144

Offline Cades Cove Fiddler

Re: A couple of Tennessee rifles
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 04:43:17 AM »
 :) :)... thanx, Clark,.. hard to get good photos from glass display cases,... !!! ... not bad pix however,... so the Wm Douglas has a silver patch-box added ,... the B. Bean has a funny lock area, non-typical barrel tang, and a non-typical comb area,... maybe a re-stock,..? ... how about that bottom rifle with long, "over-the-comb" popsicle tang,.... open, great cigar patch-box and great upper East  Tennessee trigger-guard,...?  ... I can't read the display description card,... any info on that one,...? ... thanx for posting pix and info,... regards,... CCF   

Offline scottmc

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 02:33:43 PM »
And by chance did you get a picture of that Douglas with the silver patch box?  Would like to see a picture of the lock area and trigger gaurd if you have it.
Thanks!
Remember Paoli!

Offline Clark Badgett

• Oklahoma
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 05:43:06 PM »
Unfortunately it seems both the bottom Tennessee and the silver patch boxed rifle escaped my attention. I’ll have to remember to get pictures my next trip out there
Psalms 144

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 11:34:50 PM »
  Clark that top pi c.f.true of the butt plate. Sure looks to me as a Soddy. Sure would like to see that rifle...  Oldtravler

Offline Clark Badgett

• Oklahoma
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2021, 09:53:37 PM »
Never fear. If I get the job I interviewed for I’ll be back out there within a month. If I don’t, I’ll be back there sometime this summer. Every time I visit family, I take the short drive over there and look at all those guns. I walked through fast and was still in there for 2 hours.

There are lots of muzzleloaders in that place.
Psalms 144

Offline Clark Badgett

• Oklahoma
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2022, 03:53:14 AM »
More Davis museum pictures. Took me a year but I made it back. Not real sure this is southern but it looks the part and has a neat patch and cap box and a rounded end nipple drum.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 04:06:42 AM by Clark Badgett »
Psalms 144

Offline Clark Badgett

• Oklahoma
Re: A couple of Tennessee rifles more added 4-7-22
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2022, 03:59:49 AM »
A few more of the W. Douglas from the first picture. It’s had the BA lock replaced with a smaller version and the silver patch box added.

Psalms 144

Offline Clark Badgett

• Oklahoma
Re: A couple of Tennessee rifles more added 4-7-22
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2022, 04:04:41 AM »
The over the comb tang, open patch box rifle barely visible in the original post.

Psalms 144