Author Topic: Missouri Muzzleloading?  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Panzerschwein

Missouri Muzzleloading?
« on: January 22, 2022, 06:28:07 AM »
Moving to western Missouri soon. Just curious if there’s any muzzleloading culture, events, or meet ups here. I currently live in Nevada and there’s almost nothing here. Anything out that way? Thanks!

Offline alacran

Re: Missouri Muzzleloading?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2022, 03:08:48 PM »
Check Muzzleblasts Charter clubs, also Oklahoma. The NMLRA is going to do the first Hawken Classic on April 29 to May 1, in Eastern Missouri.
A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.  Frederick Douglass

Offline mab7

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 05:38:33 PM »
Fort Osage Muzzleloaders in Kingsville, Holden has Strother Freetrappers, Bear Creek Trade Co, Pioneer Gun Club and there is normally a trade show in the middle of Feb

Offline Cades Cove Fiddler

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2022, 07:31:04 PM »
 ;) ;)... Mike Davis now lives in Missouri somewhere,... builds fine Woodbury school rifles and knives,.. he has a couple events every year and knows about the goings-on over there,... Regards,... CCF

Offline P.Bigham

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2022, 09:20:34 PM »
I live in the Cuba Missouri area. Mid Missouri member of a couple of clubs.
" not all who wander are lost"

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2022, 10:21:14 PM »
I seem to recall that they hold a big event at Jefferson Barracks every year.
Also, Snapper's annual Rendezvous and Fun Shoot is just over the border in Iowa.
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline Mike_StL

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2022, 04:53:11 AM »
You've got lots of information on events on the western side of Missouri.  Save the dates of April 28 through May 1 for The Hawken Classic in Defiance, Missouri.  It will be a long drive for you, but it should be worth the effort.

Offline Panzerschwein

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2022, 10:18:31 AM »
Thank you so, gang!

Seems there’s a whole lot to do muzzleloading wise and boy that makes me smile!!

Offline Marvin S

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2022, 06:34:40 PM »
I’m in north east KS and there are several events within a couple hours of me. Check out talking-bear.com for events form several states. Don’t leave out the dash between talking bear.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 06:37:45 PM by Marvin S »