Author Topic: My Latest Shot Pouch  (Read 3467 times)

Offline Eric Fleisher

• E. Fleisher Shot Pouches
My Latest Shot Pouch
« on: October 07, 2009, 03:52:50 AM »
Here is my latest shot pouch. Lucky #13.  I spent 3 days with Frank Willis working in his shop and I made this one under his watchful eye.  The horn is a Berks Co. screwtip made by Art DeCamp.

Offline G. Elsenbeck

Re: My Latest Shot Pouch
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 05:12:28 AM »
Eric, great looking bag and with Frank's watchful eye how could you miss.  Please share what the specs are here.  Is the flap part of the back or separate?  What is that on the upper side of the gusset? 
Gary
Journeyman in the Honourable Company of Horners (HCH) and a member in the Contemporary Longrifle Association (CLA)

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Online rich pierce

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 07:21:27 AM »
Looks like life is pretty good for you right now.  Back in the "rondy" days we'd say, "Shinin times!"
Andover, Vermont

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 03:32:57 PM »
 Great looking bag and the set looks like they were made for each other. Do you by any chance have a pic of the back showing the strap attachment?

Thanks, Tim C.

Jefferson58

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 03:38:43 PM »
Eric:

That is certainly a fine combination you have there. Frank told me about you working with him for a few days, and that you made a great pouch. He was right, and you did a great job. I really like the rolled welts. The stitch work is fabulous as well. Great job! I am curious about the dimensions as well.

Jeff

Offline Eric Fleisher

• E. Fleisher Shot Pouches
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 03:23:30 AM »
The bag is 7" wide and 6" high with a 1" wide gusset. The flap is part of the back panel pf the bag. There is a small tab stitched on each side of the gusset forming a loop to tie a powder measure or bullet block or any other item you wish to tether to the bag so it is not lost in heat of the battle.

Tim, here is a shot showing the back of the bag.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 04:00:14 AM by Eric Fleisher »

Offline smshea

• www.scottshearifles.com
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 03:37:09 AM »
That's beautiful.... my favorite so far!!! keep it coming.

Offline Artificer

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 09:51:19 AM »
Eric,

I would like to add my kudo's on this pouch.  Everyone has different tastes as to what they like in a pouch and that's part of the beauty of this hobby.  I strongly prefer bags like yours that emulate what a saddlemaker or even a cordwainer might/would have made.  It has the "finished look" that may have been described in the 18th century as "neat and proper."  It will complement a well made rifle and the rifle would complement the pouch.