Author Topic: Book set offered by NMLRA  (Read 1559 times)

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
Book set offered by NMLRA
« on: January 29, 2022, 05:17:03 PM »
I just found out about the reprinting of the 5 book set -Journal of Historical Armsmaking Technology
I just posted the URL to the NMLRA book section in our recent book forum. If you are interested in more information click on the link below.

https://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=69917.0
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Eric Kettenburg

• Eric Kettenburg
Re: Book set offered by NMLRA
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2022, 05:36:08 PM »
For $100 I sure hope they go with better binding than they used the first time around!  That first round started falling apart as soon as one was opened.  Instant "loose leaf!"  :o
Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government!

Offline yellowhousejake

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2022, 08:00:29 PM »
I got a set delivered three days after placing the order. I do live just about an hour away though. The bindings appear to be good, identical to many softbound books I already have such as "Recreating the American Longrifle". The paper is thick and a nice buff color with very dark ink for excellent contrast. Overall they appear to be printed very well with crisp illustrations.

Considering what I have passed up buying a single original copy of just one volume for, they are a bargain at $115 shipped.

DAve

Offline KC

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2022, 08:12:56 PM »
It took me a long time to piece together a good original set and I don’t have too much more than this reprint set costs but I second the issues with the bindings. I might get a new set just so I don’t have to destroy my original set by using them. I wondered when a reprint would happen based on the absurd prices people were asking for originals. Thanks for the link.
K.C. Clem
Bradenton, FL

Offline keller@fuse.net

• Starting Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2022, 04:42:42 PM »
I agree about the bindings. Several of mine came apart.  I ended up going to Staples and had them punched with a plastic ring binders along with a new cover.

Willbarq

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2022, 04:01:48 AM »
Can you give a review/preview of what to expect of the contents?

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2022, 06:32:35 PM »
The NMLRA has reprinted the 5 book set - Journal of Historical Armsmaking Technology, It is normally $125 but now onsale for $99.00. Here is the URL https://www.nmlra.org/store/jhat

These are great books for anyone interested in Long Rifles.

Click on the URL for the NMLRA site and they have what you are asking for.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fly Navy

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2022, 07:58:52 AM »
Thanks for the heads up. I ordered a set this afternoon.

Offline Not English

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2022, 05:44:06 AM »
Thanks, Dennis. I've wanted a set for awhile, but neverreally wanted to chase down the individual books to make a set.