Author Topic: Whisker books on state militias/longrifles etc  (Read 571 times)

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
Whisker books on state militias/longrifles etc
« on: March 07, 2022, 08:00:59 PM »
I have always been interested in the Revolutionary war era militia. I have at least 4 GGGG GF's and several GGGG Uncles that were members of their state militias during the Rev War. I suspect I have one or two more on my mother's side of the family. It's hard to find much-written information on these state militias but I recently discovered Jim Whisker has written books on the militias in 3 states of interest to me Virginia, South Carolina, and North Carolina. I also found he has a book "Arms Makers of South Carolina" which I also was unaware of. I have not had time to read all of these books but have looked through each and saw a lot of interesting information that I look forward to reading.

All of the books mentioned above are available in the Amazon.com book section. Either search for what you are looking for or if you want to see which of Jim Whisker's books are available on Amazon do a search for James B Whisker or James Bise Whisker.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson