Author Topic: Horns Found in a Box  (Read 2037 times)

Offline bbhf

Horns Found in a Box
« on: March 12, 2022, 04:59:03 PM »
Hi All: Thought i would post a few picture of horns i found in a hidden away box at a local gun shop: The one with the plug was full of 3f powder: Enjoy, sk

skip

Offline AZshot

Re: Horns Found in a Box
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2022, 05:28:05 PM »
wow, 150 year old powder horns just put away waiting on their next owner. 

Offline mr. no gold

• member 2
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2022, 11:14:45 PM »
Great find!!! Who'ed of thunk of treasure hunting in a gun shop? Good on you for your curiosity and effort and for bringing then here to be seen. Thank you! I note that the larger horn has the screw base of a drawer pull still in place for the strap. An easy fix if you wanted to. They are all quite old and in super condition. Lucky indeed.
Dick

Offline bbhf

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2022, 07:36:14 PM »
Thanks: in this day and age everyone is looking for modern guns and ammo and pay no attention to old black powder stuff: it can still be found in the older shops: i was able to get into the case that had a ton of old stuff and found a few tins of caps {musket & rifle} and a bunch other things including the horns: since they were together they most likely came in together: the drawer pull had a piece of leather lace through it: old and hard as a rock:sk
skip

Offline Brokennock

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2022, 11:31:02 AM »
Thanks: in this day and age everyone is looking for modern guns and ammo and pay no attention to old black powder stuff: it can still be found in the older shops: i was able to get into the case that had a ton of old stuff and found a few tins of caps {musket & rifle} and a bunch other things including the horns: since they were together they most likely came in together: the drawer pull had a piece of leather lace through it: old and hard as a rock:sk
Great find.
Sounds like trips I've had to Ron's Guns in East Lyme. Old school gunships are great, never know what you'll find, especially if you gain the proprietors trust and can dig a little.

Offline bbhf

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2022, 12:14:13 AM »
yep. the old floor creeks and grones, the smells, ahh! thanks, sk
skip

Offline Brokennock

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2022, 05:42:15 AM »
yep. the old floor creeks and grones, the smells, ahh! thanks, sk
Oh? Thats the floor and not my knees and knuckles...... lol.
Old gunshops are the best.

Offline bbhf

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2022, 05:58:31 PM »
Yep: sk
skip

Offline Tecumseh

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2022, 05:12:10 PM »
Nice finds, for sure.