Author Topic: New hunting bag  (Read 2410 times)

Offline G. Elsenbeck

New hunting bag
« on: October 12, 2009, 11:08:33 PM »
For sentimental reasons, maybe not, I came up with this bag that I call the patriot and not because of the film.  Maybe just perhaps to make something pertaining closer to our country's recent history or maybe from just too many medicinal glasses of vino.  ;) Not sure of which.  Anyway this bag is 2 - 3 oz veg tan with full lining with walnut stained ticking.  It also sports a 'hanging pouch' sewn in as well as a small 'pocket' added.  Now for the corny ----- I raided the missus' box of scraps from something she did in the 70's  and added as a lining to the flap.  After dirtying it up with dabs & wipes of leather dye I got the look I thought it should be.  But, just in case no one likes it, one can carefully cut and rip it away to reveal a piece of feed sack beneath.
The adjustable strap has a forged buckle and is also veg tanned leather.  I used various leather dyes and vinegaroon to get the color variations to replicate aging and wear patterns.  Not sure I got there, but am getting closer I think.  Anyway, I think it's done.  It's okay if you laugh, my cardiogologist says laughter is good for you. ;D
Gary

Journeyman in the Honourable Company of Horners (HCH) and a member in the Contemporary Longrifle Association (CLA)

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

David G

Re: New hunting bag
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 11:26:21 PM »
Gary, no laughter here. Love the homespun character of the lining and the pouch as well. Good job man!

eseabee1

Re: New hunting bag
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 01:01:17 AM »
I really like it Gary same thing like I told Tim about that banded horn something says I just got to have it