General discussion > Black Powder Shooting

Lube and shot loads when where and how

<< < (3/4) > >>

Daryl:
Different components change the way guns shoot. If you change something, write it down and only change 1 thing at a time  when testing loads.
Good to keep records, Martin & everyone. Sometimes the memory fails from one session to the next, and if records are not kept - and actually referred
 to, duplication OF POOR COMBINATIONS will occur.

Edited to add: "of poor combinations"

JBJ:
Remember what?  ;D
J.B.

Scota4570:
When I used to shoot doves with a ML I used waterless hand cleaner.  I bought it in thetube.  A small amount went on top of the powder.  I'd squeeze out a little and scrape it off with the muzzle. The wad then went down.  No cleaning was required for the day.  IT stayed wet and easy to load. 

Bob Roller:
Seems to me a lubed disc on the top of the shot will help to keep the bore from being coated with lead by being dragged along a dry bore withe lube under it.I have had little experience with any kind of shotguns and the last one I owned that was a muzzle loader was a J,N Scott
10 gauge SxS.That was about 70 years ago.It was not a classic gun with fine 4 pin locks or exotic wood,
Bob Roller

Prairie dog shooter:
What you put over the shot can really destroy a pattern, or not.  I use a wad punched from thin sheets of cork. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version