Author Topic: Current kibler class progress  (Read 4330 times)

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
Re: Current kibler class progress
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2022, 12:37:29 AM »
   Wayne picture of the finished guns please...?

Offline Austin

• Austin Paul
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2022, 01:16:25 AM »
Y’all knocked em out. Mike and Wayne make it look easy!!!
Eat Beef

Offline DavidC

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2022, 03:52:04 AM »
It is a bit funny that you have a photo of what looks to be the youngest guy in the group and he's fiddling around on his phone  ;D

I'm sitting on a stool in front of my bench fiddling on my phone... @!*% it!

Can't wait to see what the kits look like.

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2022, 05:58:10 PM »
The most incredible class to date. Most had their guns finished and went home Thursday night. Just two guys with a couple assembly details to finish on Friday morning.  I was on the road by 10 AM.
Incredibly, most had their guns completely assembled by the end of the first day and worked on finish the rest of the week. Hard working bunch for sure!
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline DavidC

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2022, 07:24:56 PM »
Mike, can you offer a perspective on the kits themselves for both this class and previous ones? Have you noted changes over time?

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2022, 07:36:38 PM »
Mike, can you offer a perspective on the kits themselves for both this class and previous ones? Have you noted changes over time?
The SMR and the Colonial are the same as they always are, No changes that I noticed. We had a couple with very nice wood as usual.
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline Hunterdude

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2022, 03:40:05 AM »
Is there a reason we have not been allowed to see Any photos of the finished rifles up close? The blurry/dark photo from across the room group shot you can not even tell if the rifles are Kibler.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 03:53:04 AM by Hunterdude »

Offline Stoner creek

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2022, 03:56:41 AM »
Not really.  The students and instructors are all tired and ready to go home. If you want to see a completed kit the pictures are everywhere. Most all of our students show up with absolutely no gun making experience and leave with a professional quality finished rifle in as few as 3 1/2 days.  Virtually all students had their gun in the white and ready to finish in ONE day. The point that I want to make about these kits  (especially the mountain rifle kit), all of the construction problems have been solved. Actually the mountain rifle kit is designed to higher standards than the original (I own a large number of such pieces). This is not a build (whatever the heck a build is). Completing one of these fine kits does not make you a gunmaker. It is however a good start. No drama required.
 If there are flaws that you discover in the kit perhaps you should go to the source!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 04:07:20 AM by Stoner creek »
Stop Marxism in America

Offline Daryl

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2022, 04:14:34 AM »
Sounds like an absolutely delightful time. ;D ;D
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline Stoner creek

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2022, 04:38:45 AM »
Sounds like an absolutely delightful time. ;D ;D

We literally had to turn the lights off to get the students to stop working. It was 5 O clock down at the Friendship Tavern.
Stop Marxism in America

Offline Keith Zimmerman

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2022, 04:57:40 AM »
Of course they all turned out great.  Look who the teachers were.  I would expect nothing less.  Congrats on a successful class.

Online Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2022, 04:58:07 AM »
It's great to hear that everyone had such great success and an apparent good time.  Thanks to Mike, Wayne and all of the students!

Jim

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2022, 05:01:20 PM »
Is there a reason we have not been allowed to see Any photos of the finished rifles up close? The blurry/dark photo from across the room group shot you can not even tell if the rifles are Kibler.
Take the class and you can see all of them in person.