Author Topic: Ram Rod  (Read 912 times)

Offline iloco

• Old Timer, Chilhowie, Va.
Ram Rod
« on: April 12, 2022, 07:32:45 PM »
I have a early double barrel shotgun in 12 gauge that has 32 inch Damascus barrels.  I need a tapered Ram Rod for my gun.
 Anyone have an extra laying around or a place to find one.  Need it for cleaning and loading the shotgun.
iloco

Offline MuskratMike

Re: Ram Rod
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 11:19:45 PM »
Hickory for loading, (can be found at any muzzleloading supply shop) sand down to get what taper you need. A proper range rod for cleaning.
"Muskrat" Mike McGuire
Keep your eyes on the skyline, your flint sharp and powder dry.

Offline Jerry

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 04:28:18 AM »
iloco, I have a tool for scraping a ram rod to taper. If you would like, I would be happy to sell it to you. Jerry

Offline Dphariss

• Kill a Commie for your Mommy
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2022, 05:04:22 PM »
Just make sure the Hickory is STRAIGHT grained. I have to be pretty desperate to buy a wood rod without examining it. Then I buy several hoping one will be straight.
He who dares not offend cannot be honest. Thomas Paine

Offline iloco

• Old Timer, Chilhowie, Va.
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2022, 05:29:42 PM »
I am sure I could make a rod.  I was hoping some one had one with brass ends fitted.  Thanks everyone for your replys.  Guess next stop is TOW for rod and parts.  Jerry I have a wood working shop with plenty of tools to taper a rod.
 I was trying the easy way out.  At 77 with lots of medical problems I don't feel like doing things as I once did.  Just getting guns in shape to give to my grandson.
iloco