Author Topic: 50 Caliber Lancaster Style Rifle  (Read 1053 times)

Offline ettoreR

50 Caliber Lancaster Style Rifle
« on: April 13, 2022, 05:42:54 PM »
I have no clue where my post went, but here another .50 i finished up a while back. It is Lancaster inspired, but by no means did i copy any preexisting rifles, I prefer using my own imagination once I establish what basic shape I want the gun to be. .50 GM barrel, moderately fancy curly maple, and a simple set trigger. The butt plate was slightly bent out of whack but by the time I caught that it was a little too late, it still doesn't take away from the appearance IMO, but to each is own. I tried some very simple engraving on this one, been practicing a lot more of that thought lately.

Offline Daryl

Re: 50 Caliber Lancaster Style Rifle
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 08:34:38 PM »
Looks good to me. I really like your finish - nice.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 10:41:57 PM »
Your finishes look warm and nice.  I like your carving as well, especially the tang shell.  Nicely done.  God Bless,   Marc

Offline Craig Wilcox

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 07:36:01 PM »
Tres bien, Ettore.  You have done a splendid piece of work, and you are really good on those C" scrolls.  Much braver than I with the engraving - my efforts seem to skitter all over the place.
Craig Wilcox
We are all elated when Dame Fortune smiles at us, but remember that she is always closely followed by her daughter, Miss Fortune.

Offline yesterdayschild

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2022, 08:15:15 PM »
She is a beauty  8)