Author Topic: FCI/Charles Burton  (Read 1170 times)

Offline GANGGREEN

FCI/Charles Burton
« on: April 17, 2023, 07:52:12 PM »
Does anyone know if Mr. Burton is OK?   Not complaining at this point, but I made a deposit for two barrels in September of 2021 and I recently inquired by email and phone message to see if the barrels are done or if he has a guess as to when they'll be done and I haven't heard back from him.  Like I said, I'm not in an urgent rush and I'm not angry at this point, really just curious if he's OK and if I can fully expect to see the barrels at some point.

Offline Daryl

Re: FCI/Charles Burton
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2023, 07:56:10 PM »
I don't know, but have asked on another forum which has some people who have used his barrels.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline GANGGREEN

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2023, 07:57:44 PM »
I don't know, but have asked on another forum which has some people who have used his barrels.

You've tried to reach him as well?  I'll try to find your post on the other board and see if anyone has an answer.  Like I said, I'm not really in a huge hurry and I'm not angry at this point, but I'd like to at least get an answer as to when I should expect the barrels.  I hope that he's OK and there aren't any issues. 

Offline Stoner creek

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2023, 08:59:28 PM »
He’s alive and well. He and his wife were here Saturday. I had a year supply of firewood that I gave him. He’s back to work in the shop (6 hours a week) and driving a school bus twice a day.
His big setback was a barrel planer problem which he now has solved. He will be at the Knoxville show this weekend.
Work may be a little slow during the summer. He has plans on putting some good mileage on his Harley.
W
Stop Marxism in America

Offline GANGGREEN

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2023, 09:47:03 PM »
He’s alive and well. He and his wife were here Saturday. I had a year supply of firewood that I gave him. He’s back to work in the shop (6 hours a week) and driving a school bus twice a day.
His big setback was a barrel planer problem which he now has solved. He will be at the Knoxville show this weekend.
Work may be a little slow during the summer. He has plans on putting some good mileage on his Harley.
W

Thanks for the note and I'm glad to hear that he's well.  I would like a return call or an email to let me know when to expect the barrels, but I'll remain patient.   

Offline Daryl

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2023, 11:36:15 PM »
Thanks for the update, Wayne.
 My request is unanswered at this time, and was posted on the nitroexpress.com forum.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline Charlie B

• fcibarrels
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2023, 12:14:30 PM »
Yes alive and mostly well! I believe we have gotten the mechanical and health issues that have caused my back log under control and I am working to get caught up.
If all goes according to plan I will be close to caught up by CLA. Appreciate everybodys patience and will attempt to do a better job of communicating.
We will be working this summer and I am averaging 30-35 hours a week in shop, that's about all my knees will tolerate right now.
Charlie

Offline Charlie B

• fcibarrels
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2023, 12:16:16 PM »
I will be in Knoxville Saturday.
Charlie

Offline GANGGREEN

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2023, 02:12:50 PM »
Yes alive and mostly well! I believe we have gotten the mechanical and health issues that have caused my back log under control and I am working to get caught up.
If all goes according to plan I will be close to caught up by CLA. Appreciate everybodys patience and will attempt to do a better job of communicating.
We will be working this summer and I am averaging 30-35 hours a week in shop, that's about all my knees will tolerate right now.

Glad to hear that you're well sir.   I'm also looking forward to a couple of little 3/4" squirrel barrels to work on this summer.  Thanks.  Bill R.

Online Bob Roller

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2023, 03:18:03 PM »
I hope Mr.Burton has an AC in his shop.I plan little work this summer but when I was active it was a luxury and the difference in a full day of work or 1/2.
Bob Roller