General discussion > Black Powder Shooting

WTB: #11 Magnum Percussion Caps

(1/5) > >>

dhillebrand:
Where can I buy #11 Magnum Percussion Caps?  Went online but they were Chinese scams.  Fortunately I didn't bite.

Rusticbob:
You are lucky if you find any. I bought 500 Schutzen caps from muzzleloader supply because I can’t find any #11. I also bought 5 lbs of real black from Grafs, and a flintlock rifle. I have plenty of flints. If you can find a musket cap nipple for your gun, that might be the direction to go in, at least temporarily.

tecum-tha:
Maybe not the magnums, but in our neck of the woods Walmart carries #11 in the sporting goods department especially nearing hunting season.
That means they can get it. I would talk to the sporting goods order manager and ask them if they can order you a 1000 or more.
They will be able to let you know if they can get it.

BillF/TRF:
What do you think about filing down the base of a 1/4-28 nipple a few thousands of an inch to effectively lengthen the cone so that the Remington #10 cap would fire?  The #10 cap is quite common around here and maybe a stop-gap measure until the supply chain gets worked out for the #11.

Daryl:
BillF/TRF - I have done exactly that to use the #10's I have. An electric drill held in a bench vise was what I used with a file,
before I had a lathe. Even with the lathe, I use a file for reducing the diameter for #10's. Track's stainless nipples were what
was used as well. They have pretty close to whatever thread you might require.  I am currently using a hotshot nipple, but I
should note that testing in the 80's showed me the hotshots were not as accurate in my 14 bore, as-were normal solid shank
nipples. (I used to do a LOT of testing for accuracy).

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/807/1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version