Author Topic: Herman Rupp 1793  (Read 4237 times)

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
Re: Herman Rupp 1793
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2022, 04:37:01 AM »
Eric’s engraving is several classes above that seen on the barrel. Can’t imagine him not signing with his name. It’s a mystery. I’m not sure the builder is the one who engraved on the barrel. The gun’s owner could have had it done. So many possibilities.
Andover, Vermont

Offline AMartin

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2022, 02:25:47 PM »
Something in my feeble memory tells me that this rifle might be a bench copy built by Jerry Kirkland when the original was owned by Jim Johnson from Golden Age Arms ..  again I'm not 100% for sure or certain but this rifle was a direct copy with original close by . Too many details are present . And this looks very much like Jerry's hand ..
I'm gonna ask Jim when I see him at KRA at the end of June (If I don't forget )

Allen

Offline LynnC

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2022, 03:31:22 AM »
Very interesting and following this thread.
The price of eggs got so darn high, I bought chickens......

Offline Dan Kiel

• Starting Member
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2022, 04:30:33 AM »
Allen, I doubt the rifle in this post is the one that you're thinking of.  Jerry Kirklin made a documentary copy of the Herman Rupp rifle in the 1970s.  I believe it was originally made for Tom Wilson who owned the antique rifle.  I visited briefly with Tom in his store in Delaware OH.  At that time, Tom told me that he had copies made and sold some of the antique rifles.  Some years later (CLA at Fort Mitchell in 2000),  I bought the Kirklin copy from Jim Johnston when he was selling several of the contemporary pieces for Tom.

Offline duca

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2022, 05:04:55 AM »
beautiful Rifle!! I'd like to have Allen build one for me,,,,  ;D
...and on the eighth day
God created the Longrifle...