Author Topic: Miniature Bag  (Read 6838 times)

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
Miniature Bag
« on: August 11, 2008, 04:45:08 PM »
Here are some pictures of a miniature set of accouterments I made. The bag is a double, the front pocket has a gusset, it is about 4 X 4", the length from the top of the strap to the bottom of the bag is 17 1/2". Hanging from the strap a pair of loading block, a turned powder measure made of antler, a patch knife with an octagonal handle of antler with a silver guard, and a pick and brush set also made from turned antler. The horn is about 5 1/2" long, with a turned base and antler plug. Inside the bag are a screw driver, flint wallet, flint hammer, a ball pouch, patching, a fishing line w/hook/bobber, a tinder box made of horn and walnut with a steel, flint and tinder and a pipe and tobaco pouch.  I may add a short starter and priming horn, I will add a turkey call as soon as I get some chicken wing bones, a bell and maybe a set of dice.  The stand is 25 1/2 X 6 1/2"s.

Tim C.

nthe10ring

Re: Miniature Bag
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 06:37:35 PM »
Nice work, a novel idea well executed.

Jerry Fisher

Scott Brush

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 06:40:28 PM »
Very nice Tim, right down to the stand.

Scott

chapmans

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 02:47:58 AM »
  "COOL"  Now where is the gun that goes with it ? I had a friend that made miniature guns and knives, he made numerous muzzleloading rifles along with a Weatherby, complete with scope,  a trapdoor Springfield, and a Ruger No. 1.

Offline Dr. Tim-Boone

• Global Moderator
  • I Like this hat!!
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 07:23:07 PM »
Tim, Where do the gnomes live??  Very nice stuff!!!!
De Oppresso Liber
Marietta, GA

Liberty is the only thing you cannot have unless you are willing to give it to others. – William Allen White

Learning is not compulsory...........neither is survival! - W. Edwards Deming

Offline Randy Hedden

• member 2
  • American Mountain Men #1393
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 11:55:41 PM »
Tim,

Nice work on the miniature items. Making small size accoutrements is kind of neat. A few years ago My best friend's wife had a baby. I was trying  to think of a unique present to give the new baby. Since the friend and I both do F&I, I decided to make the baby a country style bag and scrimshawed horn. I don't know if these are miniature, but they are child's size. I chuckled to myself every time I worked on this bag and horn because I knew it would be the most unusual gift the baby would receive. The bag is about 6" X 5" and the horn is just a bit bigger than a priming horn. The bag even has an antique brass harness buckle on the strap. Since my friend is a blacksmith/knife maker, he made a child's size knife, hawk and other accoutrements to go with the outfit.

Randy Hedden

www.harddogrifles.com

American Mountain Men #1393

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 01:13:51 AM »
 Very nice Randy.  Thanks to everyone for the comments. Making a Small rifle
( Ha, I have enough probles with their big brothers) would be neat, for me the lock would be the biggest challenge,  maybe oneday.

Tim C.

Offline Randy Hedden

• member 2
  • American Mountain Men #1393
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 01:40:51 AM »
Tim,

Maybe thirty years ago or more there were some guys making about 1/4 scale or smaller rifles. I remember that Jerry Marsh bought a miniature Hawken rifle and a miniature Hawken "blanket gun" that was cut off just past the wrist and the muzzle end was cut off also. Looked like a rifle turned into a long barreled pistol. Jerry used to have these on display in his shop. I don't remember the makers of these rifles.  Myron Carlson made some miniature long rifles that were really nice. Myron used to bring one of his miniature rifles to the Prairie State Longrifle Show and it was really amazing.

Miniatures seem to be a fad back then and seem to have sold very good.

Randy Hedden
www.harddogrifles.com

American Mountain Men #1393

long carabine

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 01:33:17 PM »
Jerry Marsh? Is he from Titusville, PA or is his old shop there? Tim

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 06:20:35 PM »
Jerry Marsh? Is he from Titusville, PA or is his old shop there? Tim
He's from Brookfield, IL.  Still advertises in MB classifieds as Friendship Trade Co.
Can't believe he is still building.  He's had at least 5 bypasses already.
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline mdtnhunter

• Starting Member
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 07:32:24 PM »
Great work!!