General discussion > Contemporary Accoutrements

Miniature Bag

<< < (2/3) > >>

Randy Hedden:
Tim,

Nice work on the miniature items. Making small size accoutrements is kind of neat. A few years ago My best friend's wife had a baby. I was trying  to think of a unique present to give the new baby. Since the friend and I both do F&I, I decided to make the baby a country style bag and scrimshawed horn. I don't know if these are miniature, but they are child's size. I chuckled to myself every time I worked on this bag and horn because I knew it would be the most unusual gift the baby would receive. The bag is about 6" X 5" and the horn is just a bit bigger than a priming horn. The bag even has an antique brass harness buckle on the strap. Since my friend is a blacksmith/knife maker, he made a child's size knife, hawk and other accoutrements to go with the outfit.

Randy Hedden

www.harddogrifles.com

Tim Crosby:
 Very nice Randy.  Thanks to everyone for the comments. Making a Small rifle
( Ha, I have enough probles with their big brothers) would be neat, for me the lock would be the biggest challenge,  maybe oneday.

Tim C.

Randy Hedden:
Tim,

Maybe thirty years ago or more there were some guys making about 1/4 scale or smaller rifles. I remember that Jerry Marsh bought a miniature Hawken rifle and a miniature Hawken "blanket gun" that was cut off just past the wrist and the muzzle end was cut off also. Looked like a rifle turned into a long barreled pistol. Jerry used to have these on display in his shop. I don't remember the makers of these rifles.  Myron Carlson made some miniature long rifles that were really nice. Myron used to bring one of his miniature rifles to the Prairie State Longrifle Show and it was really amazing.

Miniatures seem to be a fad back then and seem to have sold very good.

Randy Hedden
www.harddogrifles.com

long carabine:
Jerry Marsh? Is he from Titusville, PA or is his old shop there? Tim

T*O*F:

--- Quote from: long carabine on August 13, 2008, 01:33:17 PM ---Jerry Marsh? Is he from Titusville, PA or is his old shop there? Tim

--- End quote ---
He's from Brookfield, IL.  Still advertises in MB classifieds as Friendship Trade Co.
Can't believe he is still building.  He's had at least 5 bypasses already.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version