Author Topic: Longhunter pouch, just finished  (Read 5645 times)

Offline Beaverman

Longhunter pouch, just finished
« on: October 19, 2009, 09:01:27 PM »
I just finished this pouch for a friend in MS, made from 10 oz. oil tanned bison, with a custom woven strap, steel buckle and pewter button, inside pouch has a double pocket mounted on the back wall, a lrge pocket on outer back panel, hand sewn with double strand waxed saddlers thread, I call it a Longhunter pouch, sure do like working with bison!

« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 09:02:27 PM by Beaverman »

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
Re: Longhunter pouch, just finished
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 09:34:50 PM »
 Good looking bag. I like the treatment at the transition from webbing to buckle and bag.

Tim C.

seesbirds

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 01:19:29 AM »
Beaverman,

Nice looking bag.  I have on e made of Bison and it has always been a little too floppy to suit my taste.  I even tried stiffening the flap by sewing a stiffer piece of leather to the underside of it.  the rest of the bag is still too soft for me.  Oh well, one of these days I will scrape together enough money or time to either attempt one myself or have one of you guys make one for me.

Mark

Short Arm

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 05:44:20 PM »
Nice looking bag Beaverman,your friend should be very happy with that bag. No leather strap I see,you've gone to a different material ? Good job

El Lobo

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 04:13:44 PM »
That is a fine looking bag.  What kind of leather did you use for the edging on the flap?  And would you have a picture of the interior?  Thanks very much.

Lobo

Offline Beaverman

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 08:28:46 PM »
Lobo, the leather for the banding is a 3 oz. upholstery leather, nothing special, sorry didnt take any interior pics, it does have a double pocket sewn to the back panel of the pouch, the pockets are roughly 4"x4", hope this helps.

El Lobo

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 01:18:44 AM »
I thought it was upholstery leather.  It really sets off the rest of the bag.  I think I will head up to Tandy's in Puyallup tomorrow and see if I can find some for my bag project.  Thanks a lot.

Lobo

Offline Beaverman

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 01:50:16 AM »
There actually in Parkland, dont know if you've been there since they moved, there still on Pacific Ave, about a good mile south of the 512 on the left side in the old parkland plaza, there in an old Safeway building, look for the state liquor store, same shopping center, good luck!

Offline Artificer

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 12:00:03 AM »
I especially like the treatment of the sculpted leather "tails" (near the pouch) to the webbing.  That is a really nice touch.

Ky Ken

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 03:40:16 AM »
Sweet ;D

Offline trentOH

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 02:30:36 AM »
Except for not having a special compartment for the gun cleaning fairy to live in, that's about the most perfect bag I've ever seen.

Offline Beaverman

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 10:32:36 PM »
Thanks gents, trent, actually there is a roomy double pocket on the inside of the back panel