Author Topic: A word of appreciation  (Read 1053 times)

Offline Terry Cheek

• Proverbs 27:17
A word of appreciation
« on: May 10, 2022, 04:09:41 PM »
I have gained a great deal of experience and added to my skill set, building out my Kibler SMR. I am very detailed oriented and try to be my greatest critic. Many of you have become mentors, you have encouraged me, shared your experience, and offered skillset suggestions. You will never know how much this means to me. When I ordered this kit, I knew my inexperience and poor skill set regarding muzzleloader building. It has been an enjoyable journey thus far and a craft I look forward to developing for the rest of my life. To my mentors, I am grateful, and I offer my humble thanks.
Respectfully
Terry

Christian/Hunter/Trapper/Gatherer/Bushcrafter

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
Re: A word of appreciation
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 02:03:12 AM »
Cool beans man.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Online Bob Gerard

• Powder Horns and Such
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2022, 07:09:48 AM »
Terry you are not alone in this respect. There are very generous, caring, skillful and patient builders here who are always here to guide us. Many times we take these guys for granted but with a kind message like yours it helps us all to remember how we’ve learned and grown in a lot of ways as builders because of them. Cheers!

Offline HighUintas

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2022, 09:15:35 AM »
I 2nd that. Not only does the wealth of knowledge help the beginners and more novice builders, but the sharing of the works of art on this forum really can help to spread the inspiration to others who are no where near friendship and other more popular longrifle locales. The only guy I know relatively near me that contributes to this forum, is Herb. And he's 3.5 hours away!

I appreciate all you guys keeping the art and knowledge on the history of it alive.