Author Topic: N.C. Style Horn...Well WRONG Pix...Right Ones Added...Dang This Get'n Old....  (Read 855 times)

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
 It is about 12 3/4" around the outside curve and 11 tip-to-tip. The Butt is Walnut, hollowed out about 3/4s its length by about 1 1/2". It is held by the same 7 wooden pegs that hold the base band in place, The tip is two pieces of Antler pinned together with 3 wooden pegs and to the horn with 3 more. The bands are held in place by metal pins. The body was sanded and finished with dye and shoe polish.

Tim C.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 09:17:55 PM by Tim Crosby »

Offline Ken G

• F & AM #758
Re: N.C. Style Horn...
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 05:46:51 PM »
Very attractive!  Nice work as always.  I like the way the band and tip contrast with horn color.
Ken
Failure only comes when you stop trying.

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
Re: N.C. Style Horn...
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2022, 09:14:33 PM »
Very attractive!  Nice work as always.  I like the way the band and tip contrast with horn color.
Ken

Well Ken, like the Heading Says, I posted the Wrong pix. they came from this thread:

https://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=71512.msg714402#msg714402

In any case I appreciate the Critique on that one. See what you think of this one.

Tim

Offline Marcruger

They are both fine looking horns.  I like the one with more bands the best.  Nice turning.   :-)

Offline Ken G

• F & AM #758
I like this one even better but they are both really nice horns.  Your work continues to impress.

Ken
Failure only comes when you stop trying.

Offline G. Elsenbeck

Nice looking and good proportion Tim!  And I concur with the 'gettin old', as far as the body goes, lol.

Journeyman in the Honourable Company of Horners (HCH) and a member in the Contemporary Longrifle Association (CLA)

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."