Author Topic: NMLRA Jaeger Rifle Seminar 2023  (Read 755 times)

Offline Ron Scott

NMLRA Jaeger Rifle Seminar 2023
« on: May 18, 2022, 05:41:44 PM »
This is one of the project models I am proposing for next years Germanic Flintlock Seminar in Bowling Green KY. This Jaeger has been in the Bill Young and Jim Gable collections for the past thirty years. It is unaltered, represents the original finish and splendid preservation. I will be making molds for the mounts and lock this summer and will discuss barrels (non Damascus) with Jason (Rice Barrel). I have two other Suhl Style Jaeger Rifle mounts and propose the seminar to focus on the Thuringia gun making style. This will allow for variations in this distinctive Rococo style.

Offline Ed Wenger

• Global Moderator
Re: NMLRA Jaeger Rifle Seminar 2023
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 05:45:20 PM »
Wow…, those are pretty spectacular!  That would be a great project.  Best,

Ed
Ed Wenger

Offline Keith Zimmerman

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2022, 07:14:54 PM »
The lock has an archer shooting a stag!!  That alone is awesome!  Stickbow archery and flintlocks.  Perfect.

Offline Jakob

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2022, 03:01:53 AM »
Are these always in June?

Offline Ron Scott

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2022, 04:30:48 PM »
Yes, This year the start date is June 1st and will finish June 10. The Rifles that serve as models are on hand for continual examination and comparison.  I have made  the molds to cast taller butt plates that allow for custom length of pull. Thus, keeping the Geometry of the butt stock consistent with the original. There should be plenty of stock blanks to choose from, I have 22 arriving tomorrow and another 40 later this summer.