Author Topic: The "Woodsrunner" has Arrived....  (Read 13096 times)

Offline bnewberry

Re: The "Woodsrunner" has Arrived....
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2022, 10:02:39 PM »
The Woodsrunner is starting to ship. I got mine on Saturday.

Offline Enfield

• Starting Member
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2023, 01:36:04 PM »
I am still waiting for my Woodsrunner...will take a few month :-(
Does anyone of you have the Colonial and the Woodsrunner? If yes it would be very nice if someone could make a picture of both rifles laying beside on one picture. I still havent seen the direct comopasrisson between these rifles.

Offline smallpatch

• Dane Lund
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2023, 10:02:59 PM »
Just got a .54 cal for a client this week. Took me all of 2 hrs to completely assemble. Beautiful, very hard piece of red maple. Lots of figure, almost too much.
Will post photos when done.  Will be plagiarized carving ala JIm Kibler!
In His grip,

Dane

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2023, 01:22:10 AM »
Just got a .54 cal for a client this week. Took me all of 2 hrs to completely assemble. Beautiful, very hard piece of red maple. Lots of figure, almost too much.
Will post photos when done.  Will be plagiarized carving ala JIm Kibler!

Smallpatch,

Thanks for the feedback and nice review.  We appreciate it!  I don't mind you using my carving design in the slightest.  Can't wait to see how it finishes up for you.  Your finishes are super nice.

Jim
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 05:12:38 PM by Jim Kibler »

Offline smallpatch

• Dane Lund
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2023, 05:55:52 AM »
Thanks Jim,
Gotta say, you’re making these things too simple. Most of the work is already done. Absolutely the best locks available today. A custom rifle, at a kit price.
Would absolutely recommend these kits to any beginner.  Maybe this will push some newcomers to the sport.
Thanks for what you do!
In His grip,

Dane

Offline mjohnson

• Starting Member
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2023, 06:56:01 AM »
I finally broke down and ordered this kit in 50 cal about 4 weeks ago. Twenty five years ago my Dad built a couple of TC Hawken kits that I had bought him for Christmas (45 and 54 cal). He did a great job on them. That experience resulted in my ordering a Chambers Lancaster rifle kit about twenty years ago in 58 cal. My Dad passed twenty years ago and I have both of those guns and shoot them on occasion.Five years ago Brant Selb built me a wonderfully accurate 58 cal Hawken rifle.I have read so much great stuff about Jim Kibler's outfit that I finally had to have one. I am currently practicing carving and finishing techniques on a 10 foot 1x4 of fancy maple purchased at Edensaw in Chimacum, WA. There appears to be a lot one can do to customize these guns (carving and engraving). I am looking forward to the learning experience. Now that I am retired I have plenty of time for projects like this.Thanks Jim Kibler for making this easier.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 07:00:18 AM by mjohnson »

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2023, 07:21:41 PM »
Thanks Jim,
Gotta say, you’re making these things too simple. Most of the work is already done. Absolutely the best locks available today. A custom rifle, at a kit price.
Would absolutely recommend these kits to any beginner.  Maybe this will push some newcomers to the sport.
Thanks for what you do!

Thanks Dane.  I appreciate you recognizing this.  Sometimes I get a bit frustrated from those who don't understand what a high quality longrifle is.  That is in terms of design, construction, fit / finish, aesthetics etc.  The vast majority recognize that our kits are easier to assemble than others, but often don't appreciate the other differences.  So thank you.

Jim

Offline Enfield

• Starting Member
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2023, 10:16:55 PM »
Today I got my shipping confirmation of my Woodsrunner.... ;D
Just a few more days....

Offline Enfield

• Starting Member
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2023, 05:48:24 PM »
I got my one today, after just 7 Days from Ohio to Germany .... UPS has a great Tracking App.
Luckily Jim always sends his rifles in a very strong box.... The trip for the rife was obviusly not too easy....

But now the Colonial is not alone any more..

« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 06:14:31 PM by Enfield »

galudwig

« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2023, 06:56:11 PM »
Nice work on the Colonial! Look forward to seeing the finished Woodsrunner next to it.

Offline Grischi

• Youtube: 'Ist das Kunst oder kann das weg?'
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2023, 07:39:26 PM »
I got my one today, after just 7 Days from Ohio to Germany .... UPS has a great Tracking App.
Luckily Jim always sends his rifles in a very strong box.... The trip for the rife was obviusly not too easy....

Nice to hear that UPS still works for orders from Germany. With this in mind I might get weak again an order a Woodsrunner. (Already have the SMR)

Greetings from Germany,
Christian